“Horrible Service!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday
712 7th Street Northwest, Washington DC, DC DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)
+1 202-347-0276
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,888 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Description: High Quality Casual Dining in the heart of Washington, DC.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Horrible Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Where do I begin...after leaving the Convention Center, my friends and I wanted to eat a great dinner to wrap up the night. We headed to Chinatown and went into Ruby Tuesday. I love Ruby Tuesday and never had a problem until Friday night. The front wait staff was very friendly and seated us promptly. Kudos! However, our waiter however was horrible. We should have known when the first greeting is, "If I forget some things, don't hesitate to keep reminding me." Not a great first impression. After bringing us hot tea, we hardly saw him again. He did not check on us at all while we sat and waited for food. It took over 40 minutes to even get our food. We all ordered simple items: soup, chicken, salad, and quesadilla. When it was time to check out, it took the waiter 20 minutes to get the checks. The manager had to check on us twice before we finally received checks. Needless to say, I will not return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We dined at Ruby Tuesday and everything went wrong, the waitress firstly for the order wrong and only bought one main meal. We ordered a bottle of wine and after chasing her, we were given 2 glasses, she was unaware that they sold bottles, no water ever arrived at our table, I guess we should be grateful that we of anything, and lastly she disappeared with our bill and we had to chase at the front counter When we explained to them this comedy of errors there was NO apology . I will never dine there again

VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Myself and four of my friends visited this location and we arrived at this location a little after 4. My friends and I were in DC traveling and we decided to choose a restaurant that we were familiar with. We love the Ruby Tuesday close to our hometown and needless to say we were surprised and extremely disappointed in the service that we received. Our server Duy was horrible. First of all it took us more than an hour and a half to get our food and then when we got it -all of our food was cold or burned. I ordered the salmon and after tasting it, discovered it was cold. I reported it to the manager, named Nana and he told me that he was going to have another meal fixed. Needless to say, when it was brought out it was the exact same salmon that I sent back ( I knew because I had eaten off of it). I hope that it is not Ruby Tuesday's policy to put food that has already come into the dining room back onto the grill. I told them to take it back and I ended up with nothing after 2 1/2 - 3 hr wait. Another manager, Edmond offered to remake it but he informed me that he would still have to charge me. At this present time, I have lost faith in this company and I will not be returning to any locations and will inform everyone I can of the experience that I had.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Millville, New Jersey
“Very Accommodating for Our Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We're a group of 6 (2 adults, 3 kids, 1 baby) and were a bit worried since it looked like a smaller location. They had a big table in the back and were able to setup something rather quick for us. The kids had a good meal and the service wasn't bad. We did go a bit early (got there right at 5pm) on a Friday, so maybe we got faster service than others here since it was an off time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Wish I could give less than 1 star!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

It was late at night, but I did not expect the terrible experience we had here. We like Ruby Tuesday at home, but this was not anywhere close. First, they would not wait on us. Then our meal took forever. We eventually got our cold, sorry food. Our bill took an act of congress to get. This street has lots of restaurants, go somewhere else.

• Visited September 2012