“Awesome day on the water!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #118 of 157 Activities in Washington DC
Type: Tours, Adventure
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome day on the water!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Fun day of relaxation...nice to kick back and relax after a long day of sightseeing when my family was in town. Not the most educational, but a fun way to see the sights. Friendly crew, nice boat...can't beat the price. The kids and adults in my group had fun so it works for all ages. Don't expect luxury, just expect a good time. Might try a happy hour next time.

Visited August 2012

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
“Nice way to spend an afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My friend and I went this past weekend for an afternoon wine and cheese cruise. It was two hours and you received two complimentary glasses of wine with your ticket. The boat was nice and clean, and our fully booked tour was not too crowded. The wine was decent quality, if you wanted to buy extra wine the prices were very reasonable. The river was nice, the views were pretty. There weren't many monuments but I don't think that was the fault of the tour company, more their proximity to the river. My only real complaint was I had a little trouble understanding the announced over the speakers, but maybe that was just me because my friend said she could understand him. Overall I would recommend this cruise!

Visited October 2012
“Awful.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Booked the groupon deal. My friend was running late in traffic, but the man at the gate assured us that we could reschedule so long as we sent an email. They ignored my request for several days, and when they did respond they informed me that they had redeemed the groupon and would not reschedule. Terrible customer service.

rural hinterland
10 attraction reviews
“Complete joke of a cruise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a Groupon for a Harbor Lights Cruise for 2, and since we have made a good experience with a similar cruise in NYC, we thought this would be just as good. But no, it was a joke, only not funny.

The crew was trying to sell alcoholic drinks and hot dogs rather than explaining the few landmarks we passed by. Basically, there is not much to see from the water, you are passing by the Washington Monument (the obelisk) and you can see the enlightened Capitol for about 4 seconds before it vanished behind other buildings. That's it.

There are many other things you are passing by, bridges and ships and buildings on the shore, but who knows what they were, we have no idea.

There was a guy running around with a microphone he held close to his mouth while mumbling things, but we couldn't hear what he was saying on the other side of the boat. It was not a PA system running the informations, but just that guy mumbling away with his microphone, and you could only hear him when standing right next to him.

There were several parties with young children, who let them run around unsupervised. The single mothers were sitting at tables on the inner deck and reading their messages (or whetever else on their mobile devices) the whole 90 minutes.

Other parties were there to get drunk, they kept buying these overpriced cocktails and kept running around the boat. I was trying to take pictures of the capital's citylights, but I was without success. While taking over 300 pictures in NYC, here they were less than 20. It simply wasn't anything there worth taking pictures of.

We had taken another Potomac cruise 3 weeks before on an afternoon, going another route, and there were many things to see and worth taking pictures of. Somehow I must have imagined this would be the same tour, just in the dark. My mistake, I guess. It was not that same route, this cruise left from the Gangplank Marina and went up towards 14th St bridge.

At some point we overheard something about Alexandria, and we were interested to see where that was, as we have visited that town several times already, but have never seen it from the Potomac. But instead of explaining where Alexandria was, the guide announced at least 5 times (!!) that the hot dogs were ready now.

We were not interested in their junk food (believe me, it was junk, and when I saw that these 2 unfit mothers fed their small children with them, it broke my heart).

We wanted to take interesting pictures and we would have liked to learn what we were actually looking at while on the ship, but no, that was asking for too much.

Don't bother! Even the Groupon deal with 52% off is still too much for what you are getting here.

Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect day on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

After holding onto a Groupon I purchased for a harbor cruise back in March, I finally got around to using it. I was so happy to find a friendly and helpful staff that was able to accommodate my family on a cruise, despite my last-minute request.

It was a beautiful day for a boat ride, and we had such a wonderful time aboard the Patriot II! The cruise was the perfect length - not too short, not too long. Everyone was happy, enjoying the lovely DC scenery with a cocktail in hand (my daughters loved their shirley temples!).

This was such a great thing to do in DC. We will definitely be back for another cruise!

Visited July 2012