“Best portabella reuben I've ever had..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of RIS

RIS
2275 L Street NW, Washington DC, DC (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
RIS is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 2,768 Restaurants in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 23rd
Transit: From Foggy Bottom Metro (Orange and Blue Lines) 1. As you exit the Metro, turn left onto 23rd Street. 2. At the traffic circle, take the 5th exit and continue on 23rd Street. 3. Walk one block. 4. Turn right at L Street NW. RIS will be across the street on the left.
Vancouver, Canada
“Best portabella reuben I've ever had..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've had a few meals at Ris and have loved them all. The food is inventive and delicious, the service professional, the atmosphere buzzy but not loud. I wanted to single out the portabella reuban I had for lunch. To me, a sandwich can be risky - ingredients spill out of the bread, or are so large they come away in one embarrassing chin-splash in one bite. This sandwich was not only delicious with a wonderful moist portabella, tangy cheese and crispy coleslaw, but every bite actually held together until the very end of the sandwich. You can actually eat this sandwich in company and talk about important things. This is a sign of a thoughtful chef. I'd recommend Ris to anyone.

• Visited September 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous. a must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

A colleague took me here during a business trip. I loved it so much I'm taking others back there.
inventive food of high quality with a quirky twist. I wished I lived in DC and it would be a regular favourite.great helpful service too. try the 'roibush'(??) tea.

• Visited September 2013
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Others tell me Ris has the best happy hour around, and it certainly looked like it on the Tuesday evening I was there. Waiters were well trained and very helpful. For Washington DC, the prices were what I expected ( $25-$30 for the entree) and cooked and presented with care. My Alaskan Halibut was Devine and with every penny!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nevada
“Food was good, a little pricey for what you receive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food was really good but I thought a little pricey for what you receive. They do have a butterscotch pudding that is one of the best desserts I have ever had. It doesn't taste like butterscotch pudding and you will be very surprised when you order this. It is wonderful.

Visited August 2013
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Quite good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We went on a Tuesday evening and were surprised that at least half of the diners were business people. The number of people in suit and tie made the place feel quite up-market.

The menu had good variety, but the prices were slightly higher than I was expecting. The wines were certainly "fully" priced.

The service was mostly OK. One of our group of three ordered a starter and something off the specials menu - which was brought to us at the same time as the starters. We should have sent it back to be brought to us at the same time as our entrees, but we ended up eating at different times from each other, which slightly spoiled the feel of the occasion.

• Visited July 2013