“Amazing view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of POV Lounge

POV Lounge
515 15th Street, NW, Washington DC, DC (Downtown / Chinatown)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #544 of 2,558 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Tapas
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: F Street
Transit: Accessible via Metro Center Station.
Description: Located on the roof of the W Hotel Washington
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

View was amazing. Drinks were good. Vibe was spectacular! Decor was awesome. There's an outdoor area and an indoor dance area. Three bars. The space isn't that big, so when you finally get up there, you know you're somewhere special.

Visited February 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Stop in during your walking tour of the National Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Whenever friends or family visit Washington DC and want to visit the National Mall and Smithsonian Museums, I take them to POV Lounge for a drink. From this rooftop bar, you get an excellent view of the Mall (Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, etc). I recommend the Au Pair.

Visited February 2013
Forked River NJ
“Great View but otherwise average for food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went here for dessert Tuesday night (1/29) because we found a better place to eat (Ebbitts Grill). The dessert portions were VERY small. I got the smallest 3 scoops of tangerine sorbet. Almost the size of melon balls. While it was really good, for NINE dollars, they could have been a little more generous. (All desserts are NINE dollars.) Obviously you are paying for the view here. A warm DC night, it was very nice.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Go for the View - Service/Food is average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went Sunday night before the Inauguration. I expected the lounge to be very busy, but it wasn't. Luckily they had most of the heaters going because it was windy and cold that evening. One of the heaters across from us wasn't working and I really think it should have been. We left earlier than I think we intended because it was cold there. Our server was very friendly and nice, but it took a long time to receive our food. Our appetizer was cold, but luckily the sandwich and fries were hot. We told our server about the appetizer and she sent it back - I think they just microwaved the calamari bit but didn't get us a fresh order. It was a little warmer but also harder. You are certainly paying for the view. I think the drinks are little pricier than some other nicer venues at $15 for a cocktail. All in all, you are going for tha panoramic view. Get an expensive, but tasty drink and go someplace else for food. By the way they stop serving food at 9pm. My rating for cost isn't exactly how they designate for formal. I'm rating that I think the food/drinks there are expensive, but the atmosphere isn't what I would consider formal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Great view weird night party”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place has a great view and is nice before it turns into a club at night. I really like the atmosphere until dusk and then it is a dance party and a total different place.

Visited January 2013