“Best dinner during a 6 night trip to DC” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Cacao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 2,768 Restaurants in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Union Station red line three blocks away
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best dinner during a 6 night trip to DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This restaurant was absolutely perfect! Quaint character building, with that old French bistro feel to it. The cozy tables for 2 offered us a chance to feel a little secluded behind partially drawn drapes. Larger parties are seated in the center of the restaurant. The food was simply outstanding. We started with a shared appetizer of scallops in a bean sauce that had such a wonderful collection of flavors that I would go back simply to indulge my taste buds again. My main of rack of lamb was perfectly seasoned and tender. My husband chose the hanger steak that was equally tender. Our waiter was a character, and gave us great suggestions for wine and food all the while being very attentive. We did not have desert, choosing instead to sample an excellent liquor. I will definitely return to this restaurant the next time I am in DC!

• Visited April 2014

Washington DC
“Magnifique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My parents and I had a great meal at Bistro Cacao on Sunday night. When we arrived my parents mentioned that I had to catch a flight later that night, and the staff went out of their way to provide us with excellent service, and they couldn't have been nicer about it! My mom started with the escargot, which she enjoyed. I ordered the filet mignon which was cooked to perfection and served with potato gratin and asparagus. It was all so delicious! My mom had the bouillabaisse and my dad had the jumbo shrimp with mushroom ravioli. Bistro Cacao is a lovely restaurant with very nice staff and delicious food. I will be back!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Looking for Unique Charming Atmosphere , Here it is!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

What a Great Re-find "Formerly, The Two Quail" several years back. Shades of its former self are still present and gladly so!
Now with a heavy French Flair and Flavor the Meal was delicious, A nice Wine list with good by the glass offerings. four courses later,
French Onion Soup, Red Beet Mozzarella Salad, Classic Filet Mignon with a red wine reduction and Trio of Creme' Brûlées each course was very good.
Charming Atmosphere! Cozy!
Sure to return!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnetonka, MN
“Great night out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

An adorable little bistro with winding rooms and private tables. The service andrecommendations were wonderful as were the added touches of care. The manager saw that I didn't get a last share of my husbands lobster bisque and brought out a darling little bowl for me to sample. The Boullibaise was a stunning and delicious presentation, my pistachio crusted sea bass was amazing and the scallops over white beans impressive! I highly recommend the apple tart which is made fresh, worth the wait. A lovely evening, no rush and relaxing! Thanks to the Somm for sharing some fantastic wines with us - the Domaine Pegau was spectacular.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went there for New Year's Eve dinner.
They had a special menu for a reasonable price (wine not included) and the food was delicious. The staff is very kind and helpful - to pushy but always there to help. We found street parking close by at a metered parking space.
The interior is absolutely cozy and beautiful. A fireplace at the entrance coat check. Just all around a good place - we had a table in a cozy window place. Very memorable evening! Can only recommend it!

• Visited January 2014