“Fantastic B&B!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mt. Vernon Square Bed and Breakfast

You added Mt. Vernon Square Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Mt. Vernon Square Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   400 M St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)   |
Ranked #7 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic B&B!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Keith is a superb inn keeper - caring and attentive host. His breakfast was on par with a bistro - delicious OJ, and coffee (& I say that rarely about coffee), fresh fruit, fluffy scrambled eggs, perfectly grilled sausage and crispy sweet potato fries. YUM! And to keep all happy, Fage and Activia yogurt.

Stayed in Cooper Room - super comfy bed & pillows and sheets luxuriously soft. Thoughtful touches, not only a Keurig coffee maker & a mini fridge for your stuff, but also martini and wine glasses, wine opener & cocktail shaker. Desk, flat screen TV & little patio which, although no real "view", in a City, having a place to sit outside and have an evening cocktail is cool touch. Art in each room is unique, not stock prints. Bathroom spotless with great fixtures.

Common rooms - living, dining and bathroom. All gorgeous. Plenty of room to sit around in living room, with Washington Post and other great reading on a grand piano.

Within 3 blocks of Metro & Circulator Bus, 3 blocks from Convention Center & Chinatown. 10 Minutes to Capitol & White House.

Really glad I stumbled on this. Will be back (so long as there is room for me!)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for just one night while we were looking at colleges. Keith was a great host and the B and B is really lovely. We stayed in the terrace room which has a huge private terrace adjoined to it. The private bathroom is down a flight of stairs and this really is not a problem. However, there were not bathrobes supplied and this made it somewhat inconvenient after showering. Maybe this was an oversight. If not, robes should be supplied (slippers were.) Breakfast was perfect. If she gets into her college of choice in DC, we will be back!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

In January, my wife and I spent 5 nights at this impeccable bed & breakfast.
We could not have chosen a more pleasant or helpful place.

Keith is a terrific host: attentive to the inn, and interested in his guests.
We had many memorable conversations.

The rooms are lovely and comfortable.
Common areas--living room & dining room--have exquisite detail: piano, stained glass windows, marble floors, woodwork, etc.
And the breakfasts are lavish: large and different each day (we had five!).

The location is special too...
in an attractive residential neighborhood, about a mile from the Mall.
We were able to walk everywhere, even on the cold days & evenings.

Washington is a marvelous town to explore--and this is your best place to begin.

Don and Linda

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Keith and his colleague were attentive to details large and small. My room was spacious and quiet with eclectic art and furnishings (no regular framed landscapes!). Loved the red chairs, and they were comfortable to boot. The main sitting area of the house was a cohesive blend of modern and traditional that matched my personal taste. There was plenty of room if guests wanted to spread out with the paper or a book. The food was pitch perfect on all three mornings.

Finally, Keith went beyond the call of duty when this DC neophyte needed some weather related assistance. WAY beyond the call of duty. Thank you Keith for being there at my time of need.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I chose to stay in the MVS B&B after reading the reviews on this website and I must say that I was not disappointed. My room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast set me up nicely for a day's sightseeing. Both Keith and Glenda were helpful hosts and I was allowed to leave my suitcase at the B&B while I went out for the day before returning to pick it up on my way back to the airport. The B&B is in a handy location to walk to the Capitol Building, the White House, National Mall, museums etc. There is also a Safeway supermarket nearby and an excellent restaurant called 'Busboys and Poets'. I'm pleased with the choice I made and this is due to the time that reviewers took to write good reviews on this website - so thanks for that.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My experience at MVSBB was outstanding. My room was immaculate and the bed was firm (i.e., comfortable!). I had early meetings to attend so I couldn't make the normal 8:30am breakfast time. Keith and Glenda arranged to provide a "quick" breakfast for me at 7:30 instead. This replacement breakfast was not only filling, but tasty (croissant, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt). The last day of my stay I was able to enjoy the "regular" breakfast and, had I known what I had missed the previous days, I would have skipped out on the morning sessions to have breakfast at MVSBB!

My advice: stay for breakfast. The food is excellent and the company of the other guests was delightful.

I walked everywhere I needed to be: Arrived at DCA--> Metro to Mt Vernon Square --> 3 blocks on M street to MVSBB. It couldn't be easier. 15 min to the Grand Hyatt (brisk pace) or ~ 5 min to the Convention Center.

MVSBB will be at the top of my list when travel takes me back to DC.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sandefjord, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The six of us, (the wife, me, kids and their better halves) had high expectations and they were surpassed by far. The building, interior and furnishings are great. The location is great with a short walk down to the mall. Breakfast was great and above all Keith was great. He went beyond the call of duty. When I had a psychotic breakdown after stepping in something really nasty on the sidewalk Keith even took my shoe down to the basement and washed it for me.

I only regret 2 things. Our stay was in February 2013 and I am sorry I took this long to put in my review Keith. Secondly I am sorry I am writing this review because it might help Mt. Vernon Square Bed & Breakfast to being as popular as it deserves and that means it might be fully booked if I visit DC again.

Will be sending you more business Keith.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mt. Vernon Square Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!