“A Taste Extravaganza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Birch and Barley

Birch and Barley
1337 14th Steet, NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)
202-567-2576
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Birch and Barley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Grapevine, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Taste Extravaganza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were staying at a hotel a couple blocks away and dropped in for brunch after reading a couple of reviews. We knew we were in for a nice brunch. We had no idea how great it would be!

We opted for the boozy brunch option which included the best donuts ever, a nice selection of brunch entrees and a couple of drinks. The menu changes often from what I understand to best accommodate the local and seasonal ingredients available. These people know good food.

Finally, we didn't realize it was part of Church Key family and had all the beer benefits that go along with that. So brunch soon turned into a beer tasting event. They offer 4 oz pours that allow you to sample a variety of beer. I have never seen a longer list of sour's anywhere. There were some truly unique offerings. I think they had about 5 casks available as well.

All in all, this was a great find. I highly recommend it. I'd come back to DC just to eat here again. Seriously.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We came into town and decided to make reservations based on past reviews. It was great! The service was top notch. I always have a peeve with the servers not refilling your water etc. This place was on top of everything. We didnt feel rushed. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was beautiful. Thanks for a great experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and extensive beer list”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Enjoyed a great dinner here with friends. Service was attentive but not overbearing and food was excellent. Choices on menu were a bit limited. Flatbreads, seared arctic char (ap), and brussel sprouts (side) were all exceptional, scallops were very good. Beer list is long, a bit overwhelming unless you're an expert. Parking was difficult on Saturday night in this very popular neighborhood.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Avon Park, Florida
“Great Beer and Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was nearly overwhelmed with the selection of craft beer on tap. I visited nearly every night on my trip as my friend and I attempted to try every beer with the 4-oz samplers. The food was wonderful, and the atmosphere was very relaxing. This is now a go-to spot when I'm in D.C.

• Visited April 2012
NYC
“Interesting Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nice take on the wine bar pairing..except with Beer! I usually prefer wine but I loved how they paired high end food with beer

Visited January 2013