“Blues Alley” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blues Alley

Blues Alley
1073 Wisconsin Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)
(202) 337-4141
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Blues Alley”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Tight, hole-in-the-wall, spot that's great for listening to live music. Get there early for prime seating - up close and personal - but any seat is probably ok since the place is so intimate. The food is less than average and expensive, so don't splurge for those $20+ meals - eat before you come and just do the minimum. Nice spot for a date-night. The set-up is similar to Bohemian Caverns.

Visited November 2013

Prince George's County, Maryland
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had the pleasure of seeing Syleena Johnson in-person at Blues Alley. After finding a parking space in the garage, we trekked about 2 blocks to the venue to learn we arrived too early. They open doors approximately 30 minutes prior to the show. So we walked around Georgetown for a while. There is a great little gift shop at the corner with decent prices on novelty items, so we just browsed. We are from the area, so we really didn't need anything but some heat (it was late December in the city). Once we came back around the corner to the alley, the doors were opened. We got a great seat by arriving early very close to the stage. The seats are very close together and the tables are small. The restrooms are upstairs. The venue doesn't appear to be handicap accessible so be mindful. The service leaves much to be desired. And unfortunately, they make you purchase a food minimum and sadly the food is horrible. It's not tasty or worth the prices they are charging. However, don't go for the food, go for the entertainment and you won't be disappointed. I'd visit again. I hope you find this review helpful.

Visited December 2012
London, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Roy Hargrove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Was totally blown away by the Roy Hargrove Quartet! Fantastic band.
As far as the venue ... the room is pretty small, maybe 80 feet square. The food was average at best, but hopefully, you're there for the show, not the food. The one thing I found annoying was the waitstaff walking around during the show, making sure you're still okay, and bringing drinks etc. Yes, I'm doing fantastic listening to this gorgeous music, if only you'd stop walking in front of me and disturbing me every 5 minutes to make sure I'm still okay!

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Evening Out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

In DC visiting from Miami and on our last night in town, we went to the Blues Alley to see Nicole Henry. Nicole and the band were magnificent!!! The music was lively and also romantic. It was a great date for my Husband and I! The food was average and not worth the price, however, you're not going there for the meal. It's important to note that Blues Alley is a small place and seating is very tight. You're going to hear every bit of your neighbors' conversations but the atmosphere makes up for the coziness. Not sure if the air towards the front of the house wasn't working on the night we were there (10/01) but wow, it was incredibly hot. If it's cold out, make sure you wear a jacket/coat or something you can remove just in case you get seats in the front.
Great visit and a great find!

Visited October 2013
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fantastic evening out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had wanted to a unique night out in the city and searched out a jazz club. Without having tried out our other option, this by far made for a fantastic evening!

The supper club is tiny and the interior ambiance makes its 'back alley' location authentic.

We had tickets for the 8pm show and showed up about 6:15 to get our dinner table/show seat. If we had waited another half hour, we would have less of a prime table location.

We ate while waiting for the show to start, which is the only time chit chat is allowed. I love that the venue makes an announcement to LISTEN!

As we were leaving the line was quickly gathering outside the door for the 10 pm show, so I do suppose that show is finger foods and no talking time at all.

The service was great, the food was average.

Fred Yonnet, harmonica, was the show for the evening... wwwfredyonnet.com
ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS I HAVE SEEN.
Such an engaging guy and talent that is unprecedented.
LOVED IT!