“Cheapest room in town for a reason.” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Washington DC/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1345 4th Street NE, Washington DC, DC 20002   |
Ranked #124 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Lubbock
“Cheapest room in town for a reason.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

At $110 per night, we were thrilled with the location. The proximity to the tourist sites and the free parking made the location attractive, but the area was scary at night, but turned out okay. It was located by lots of warehouses and train tracks in the Northeast. There was a guard at night and the cars were inside the fence, so no real worries. Not a location to stroll around though, and no restaurants within walking distance anyway - plan ahead. The maid was friendly and we did not experience the bed bugs so many others experienced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Twin City, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I reserved 6 months in advance for $89. When I stayed in April the new rate was $104. They had the new rate in the computer rather than the rate on my confirmation. However, they honored the confirmation rate. (Glad I had it with me.)

Room 115: Bathroom door knob broken so bathroom couldn't be latched or locked. Faucet was not attached securely to the sink so it moved when I used it. Night stand drawer broken so it wouldn't close all the way. Bad stain on the carpet. Sheets as thin as tissue.

Room 202: I was back a few days later and this room was better--typical of Motel 6. There were big gaps around the door so it was drafty, but it wasn't a problem because it was warm enough. I would be concerned about it in the winter.

I felt safe enough as a man, but I wouldn't recommend that women stay there alone.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
champaign
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This hotel is terrible. The people at the front desk are awful and the rats running around the stairs in the hotel is scary. The neighborhood is one of the most scary places I ever been!
I do not recommend this place to anyone. I was bitten by something in that bed and both of my arms had at least 20 bites.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Dirty Hotel. BED BUGS. Stay away. Don't stay there. Sleep at the airport, under a bridge. Yuk, used condoms, hair, smell. Oh that smell, could not identify it, probably better that way.

Room Tip: Stay in Virginia or Maryland. Use public transportation and enjoy Washington, DC
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Holy cow I feel lucky to have survived this neighborhood! It was a good deal on price, but that's it. Do NOT walk outside at night. Lots of shady characters, including some of the employees. There is a security guy who sits outside, but I don't think he seemed "with it." The beds were disgusting. The sheets were paper thin. There was used floss laying on the ground of the bathroom. The shower floor is so slimy and slippery BOTH of us fell during our showers. The TV signal is shoddy. The walls are thin enough that you won't get a wink of sleep -- even with earplugs. The carpet is dirty and dusty. And good luck getting any ice to shoot out of the dispenser. I stayed here for TWO nights, and can't believe I lived to type about it. I've been in some shady places before, but this one gave me my first-ever heart palpitations.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed here for four nights in june to see what Washington DC had to offer while me and my girlfriend we're travelling and it wasnt good! First off if your paying like $120 with tax a night you expect alot more than you will get. The rooms were small, dark and dingy and didnt look to appealing. The sheets were very itchy and the hotel boasts of cable tv, but really you only get about 4 clearly visible channels. The motel is sitauted on the corner of union market which is not the most appealing place to look at, but none the less the people that work and shop in the market we're friendly and helpful. You are about 10mins walk away from the nearest metro station (florida/new york ave) which is good and there is alot of bus routes near by. The nearest shops (not including the market) is about ten minutes walk aswell. The only reason we stayed here was it was close to the city centre, we walked to the capitol building which took us about half an hour. The front desk was helpful and informative which was good, but next time i think ill pay the extra and stay at the marriot round the corner as i was unsure if it was just me and my girlfriend sleeping in our bed! The area itself is very loud and its hard to sleep with the cars, people shouting and the train that goes past blowing it horns every ten minutes! and for me it just didnt feel very safe! but perhaps thats just me....

Room Tip: Dont stay here, its overpriced!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Two words: Bed Bugs. No doubt about it. My left arm has about 14 bites between the wrist and shoulder from the second night and I have three giant welts on my face from the first night. The second night, none of us slept. Three hours after trying to fall asleep, we were all still awake so we just left.

You have been warned.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC/Convention Center? Share your experiences!