“DC area cupcakes are...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Velvet Cupcakery

Red Velvet Cupcakery
505 7th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-347-7895
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dessert
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“DC area cupcakes are...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

DC area cupcake shops seem to be a phenomenon over the past 5+ years... You would probably have to eat at every one to know what a really "GREAT" cupcake is... For me it is pretty much anything with frosting... Lol. We stayed at the Monaco hotel in DC so I could literally see Red Velvet out of our window :) bought four-- husband really liked the cookies & creme and I loved the Red Velvet. Price per cupcake is what you'd expect for a boutique bakery, 3.50 or so... Can't buy the, all the time but they are a nice treat! (They weren't super huge size either, which is a plus for me, but others might want more for their $$.)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Jersey
“Delish Dolly Dish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Mouthwatering delicately delish, really perfectly made, had. summertime lemon cake sprinkled with coconut, red velvet amazing cream cheese frosting!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Mouth watering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place is super small, if you blink you might miss it so look out for it. My husband and I just happened to run into it while walking towards China Town. The cupcakes are so moist, and delicious that I regretted not buying more. I definitely will visit this place again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

These cupcakes were so amazing. I don't want to even count how many I ate while I was in Washington. We went there because my brother is celiac and they have a selection of gluten free cupcakes. He said he really enjoyed his. We went anytime we were in the neighbourhood.

Visited March 2013
“Good variety but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Popped in here for dessert after dinner at Rasika a 1/2 block away. There was a nice variety to choose from even at 10pm on a Thursday. I selected the carrot and almond cupcakes. $7.20 gets you two cupcakes, a custom box specially made for two cupcakes and a gourmet brown bag. Both cupcakes were very good but not spectacular. I think it's a bit overpriced.