“Average food and a nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eatonville

Eatonville
2121 14th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Upper Northwest)
202-332-9672
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eatonville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 2,623 restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: We are located at the corner of 14th and V Street NW
Transit: We are located at the corner of 14th and V Street NW - 2 blocks from the Metro Yellow/Green Line - U Street Cardozo stop.
houston
“Average food and a nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went here while visiting from out of town and enjoyed my experience. The food was adequate, nothing to scream or either cry about, the drinks were ok but the service was GREAT! A gentleman was nice enough to give us the history and theme behind the restaurant as well as we were a big party of 14 with 6 of them being kids and the staff was very accomodating. It took quite a while to get the bill sorted out, but nothing major as I think that can be confusing when a waitress has to deal with multiple families and checks. Would recommend, but I would stay away from the ribs! Definitely not worth $21!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
“Who change the recipe to the Mac and Cheese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I always like to visit when I'm in town. The service was excellent, but the food wasn't as good as I remember. The Mac and Cheese didn't taste the same, clearly a new cook or new recipe.

Visited July 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Down Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We ate at the Eatonville Restaurant on Monday, June 10, 2013 and it was great! I felt like we were at our grandmother's home!! The Waiters were friendly and fast. Good place for some good ole down home soul food!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I really liked the breakfast/brunch menu at this spot and it was very delicious...I had the shrimp and grits with a mimosa to top it off! Sampled off of my wife and kids plate as well...wasn't too fond of the coffee though but it will do. We sat outside to soak up some sunshine and to people watch....Our server was good and seemed like a professionally run joint.....Nice and Clean

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our waitress was friendly and great at handling our large party. Loved my shrimp and grits! Metro station only 2 or 3 blocks away. Nice area to walk around even at night.

Visited May 2013