“Baby Shower on the Rooftop of the W” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Washington DC

You added W Washington DC to your Saves list
W Washington DC
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   515 15th Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #67 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Baby Shower on the Rooftop of the W”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I threw a surprise Baby Shower for my big brother and his wife and what better place to have than the W in Washington, DC on the rooftop overlooking the city.

My point of contact was a Ms. Ashley Johnson who was excellent from start to finish. She was the absolute best and I would recommend her to any and everyone.

My experience was a 100% success. I will be back again.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Korean first
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I am a Platinum Starwood Member and the W Washington, DC is my favorite business hotel in the country. The staff remembers me each trip and greets me by name, from Joe at the front door, Greg at the desk, Amy Jacobs and Kibat of in-room dining - they each represent the tops in service. My favorite breakfast is the Whatever Whenever with apple chicken sausage (but I have to ask for my coffee to be sent up a bit less strong than their normal blend). The wine bar on street level is a wonderful place to unwind. As a female travelling by myself, I feel very comfortable sitting at the bar and having a light dinner and glass of wine. Other travellers are friendly as are the bartenders. It's just the right size. Location is excellent - with the Metro only 3 blocks away. This is a rave review all the way!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I've been to many hotels, specifically w/in SPG- and W DC is hands down my favorite- from the location (next door to Obama), the decor, rooftop bar (best in country), and the unbelievable service- and you can't ask for more- this place exceeded my expectations far beyond my imagination- this was a great way to start my 30's- if you are looking for the chic, hippest spot in DC- the W Hotel is it- bar none. This hotel will quickly bring in the accolades!

• Stayed October 2010
Hertfordshire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Right in the centre of DC near the White House and a buzzing hotel that locals come into at night for excellent bar/cocktails

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

My colleagues and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience atop the Terrace at the W Hotel in Washington, D.C. This past September I was entertaining a few business colleagues and decided to take them to the W - for the absolute best View of DC. On top of the amazing view, we thoroughly enjoyed the company and excellent service of our delightful server named "Anh". She made our whole experience worth-while. Not only was Anh attentive to our needs, she was chic, charming, and just a delight to hold a conversation with. You could tell Anh was an educated woman and really cared about our experience at the W. The W should take close note of her abilities and service she provides her clientele - She turned a regular business function into a memorable service experience my colleagues and I will never forget.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Ashley was absolutely amazing with helping us plan an incredible birthday celebration for my sister. She was so incredibly patient...and full of solutions. I highly recommend her. She totally saved the day (night actually). If you ever need to plan something special at POV...make sure you request Ashley. She rocks!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
fairfax, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I was there on a business trip and even though my stay there was short...the service provided by Anh was greatly appreciated. Great worker! I'd definitely come back and recommend this place to all my friends.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business