“Recommended!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aunt Beas Little White House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Aunt Beas Little White House B&B
Save Saved
You added Aunt Beas Little White House B&B to your Saves list
3619 12th St NE, Washington DC, DC 20017   |
Ranked #26 of 49 Washington DC B&B and Inns
“Recommended!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this BnB on Feb 2013, we were received by Daniel, who has explained everything clearly to us, including my questions about the neighborhood.

We saw Gerald in the next morning, when he served us the breakfast, which was very good! Both Daniel and Gerald are really nice people and I'll surely stay in their BnB again when I get back to this beautiful city.

The only things that could be better are a private bathroom and a few bigger room. But it did not worsen anything on our trip. As I said, surely would stay in Aunt Beas again!

Recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ten Mile, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We immediately felt at home. The cozy and comfortable atmosphere is wonderful and provides a warm calm environment to release stress and rest legs tired from seeing sights. Much careful attention, help, and advice provided to allow planing the days activities. I read in other reviews and certainly agree that Gerald's breakfast is amazing. It leads to my conclusion that Gerald's "Aunt Beas Little White House is truly "The Home of Purring Tummies"

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I spent four days at Aunt Beas Little White House B&B over the Christmas holiday season. We both found the experience to be extremely pleasant. Its location is a very short walk from a Washington DC metro station. It is also within walking distance for both excellent sit-down and take-out restaurants. There is also a market very close. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The price is reasonable and the breakfast is both delicious and healthy.

One of the things we enjoyed the most is talking with the other guests in the morning. It was a fascinating mix of international guests. Gerald is also a wonderful person to talk with, as he’s led an extremely interesting life. He’s also quite knowledgeable about everything in the Washington DC area.

I would highly recommend Aunt Beas Little White House B&B as a place to stay when visiting Washington DC. Its location and amenities combine to provide a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a two night stay with Gerald in late October, I had been in correspondence with him right from the point of making the booking; he is an extremely hospitable and welcoming host in email just as he is in person, making sure I had the right directions and confirming the time of my arrival to ensure he would be ready to greet me.

Gerald has a wealth of knowledge of the DC area and was fabulous at offering suggestions from how to get around (including metro maps) to answering questions about the best places to eat locally and in the downtown area. His guesthouse is conveniently located a short walk from the (Brookland-CUA) metro stop and is in a very safe neighbourhood.

Aunt Beas is a guesthouse (effectively it’s a B&B), there are only a few rooms, located upstairs with a shared bathroom (I think one room has an en-suite bathroom); there is plenty of seating outside in the garden or on the verandah; we found it relaxing and great to know we we’re heading back to at the end of each day (rather than to a soulless hotel room).
Our room was comfortable, there is plenty of space (in the room) to store bags without feeling cramped; we heard little noise (no traffic or sirens) and we slept well each night.

As has been mentioned previously – breakfast is a two-course treat. We were lucky enough to have Gerald to ourselves in the morning and we were grateful for the conversation.

We had a memorable stay and we will definitely return every time we pass through DC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

What an incredible time we had! We adore Gerald... He Knew exactly who I was and He came right out and helped carry in our luggage and put us on the 1st floor which helped us a lot. We had not confirmed our arrival the week before because of an email problem and he was very understanding. We spent 3 days in DC and had the time of our life...At the end of Each day we were comforted by knowing we were going to a homey secure ( and Extremely quiet hostel/B&B.
Gerald was full of Information as to where the BEST places were. My husband and I took the reigns with this and took some of his advise in mind and disregarded other pieces of information and we had one glorious stay in DC.
The Breakfast is kind of something else presentation was incredible. He had three seating times and the fare was the same every morning. ...Juice, tea, Toast, boiled eggs, bacon, and Fruit salad He did offer up a shake with things like left over rinds and core stuff...Not worth even trying.
Gerald does lives there and he truely is inviting you into his home with the most gentlemanly host attitude he can muster. He is old and can only do as much as he can and so the rooms were not even close to 5 star hotels but they are comfy albeit being sort of small.(all the more reason to be out and about in DC)
I do need to also say Getting in and out of central DC from Aunt bea's is a cinch once you get a footing on their subway system. You can pretty much go any where as long as you knw you need to go back to Brookland CUA and it is BIG plus to have union station right along the blue line which lets you hop off and go have dinner or lunch and hop back on and head back to Aunt Bea's.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am a 71 year old geezer who has travelled extensively on busines, both in the USA and Europe. I can't remember a more enjoyable lodging experience. Gerald, the innkeeper, is a very gracious host with whom I enjoyed interesting conversation, along with his international guests. I felt right at home and made a new friend. A truly memorable experience, a place I unhesitatingly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We had an excellent stay here. Gerald is very nice and accomidating. The room was small but clean and was a great nights sleep. Breakfast is included but the same every day. Located a block away from the Brookland/CUA stop on the red line and 10 minutes away from center city. You are pretty much a guest in someone's home when you stay here but a great value in a great location.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Aunt Beas Little White House B&B? Share your experiences!