“Love this part of town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Row

Embassy Row
Washington DC, DC (Upper Northwest)
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$70*
and up
Washington DC Super Saver: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley...
Ranked #84 of 234 Attractions in Washington DC
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Cultural
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The section of Massachusetts Avenue with many embassies and the house of the Vice President located on one end.
Bethesda, Maryland
71 attraction reviews
“Love this part of town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We love seeing the different flags and embassies...it's one of the reasons Washington is so special. Beautiful mansions...landscaping.

Visited August 2012

Silver Spring, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable and Educational Trip Everyone Should Take”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was the time for the Embassy Open House that I had an opportunity to walk and visit embassies. Each has its own unique way to decorate the location and presents valuable-cultural views that allowing me to learn while visiting each embassy. I visited many countries within 2 weekends through my very own cameras i.e. eyes.

Visited May 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
“Embassy tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

It's been a while since I went on the tour but it was very memorable. You can hop on the tour bus or walk from one embassy to another. Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to have a long day.

Eustis, Florida
40 attraction reviews
“Beautiful walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

If you can, take the time to walk Embassy row near Dupont Circle. The architecture of the embassies alone is worth it. Seeing a row of restaurants or houses, then in the middle of them is an embassy (Which is sovereign territory of the nation it belongs to) is kind of surprising! I mean if your neighbor just happens to be an embassy, who do you complain to if they play their radio too loud, or don't mow their lawn? LOL!!

Visited August 2012
Illinois
55 attraction reviews
“Loved walking around Embassy Row”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I didn't even realize this existed in DC until my husband mentioned it during our stay. On the morning of our departure from DC, we decided to take a quick drive. We ended up parking our car and walking 5 or 6 blocks down Massachusettes Ave. My boys - ages 13 & 11 really enjoyed seeing all the flags from the different embassies. I enjoyed it even more than them I think. The buildings are gorgeous. It's such a wonderful educational experience. And, it's such a powerful moment to realize that all of these countries have come together in this one area of our nation's capitol. Highly recommend a drive or walk through this gorgeous area.

Visited July 2012

Been to Embassy Row? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Embassy Row, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.