“Excellent seasoning, lacks ambiance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Article One

Article One
400 New Jersey Ave, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)
2027198478
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Article One is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #442 of 2,700 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: D Street, NW
Transit: 2.5 blocks from Union Station (Metro Red line)
Marysville, Ohio
“Excellent seasoning, lacks ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This restaurant is located in the Hyatt on Capital Hill. They try to create ambiance but the restaurant is open to the hotel lobby and all lobby noise is present as your back drop. For example, this evening in the middle of my dinner a group of about 30 French adolescents and their chaperones bombarded the hotel lobby. It was like eating a fine meal in a bus station. That being said, the multigrain bread service with thyme, salted butter was quite nice. I started with the crab bisque. It has fire roasted corn in the bisque and it was quite tasty @ $7. The bistro steak was about the size of a small fist served with 4 or 5 small sliced roasted potatoes swimming in a homemade steak sauce @$17. The steak was well seasoned and cooked as instructed. I followed this up with the praline crunch and salted caramel dessert @ $10. It was divine. A decadent but light chocolate mousse on a brittle like crust in a pool of delightful homemade salted caramel. I am a Midwestern girl and these are definitely east coast prices, but I sincerely enjoyed my "splurge" meal. That being said I did watch a family come in, get water and bread service, debate the prices and leave before ordering. Soup, entrée, dessert, only drinking ice water and tip and I was in the $50 range for a single person. Wait staff was very attentive (they only had a hand full of tables around 7 pm on Sunday) and his suggestion for dessert was spot on!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Where'd you find the FANTASTIC staff?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had dinner here twice; I met a friend who's local for drinks, and then had breakfast here before we left. Somehow, the staff made us (and especially my 16 year old daughter) feel like we were their favorites! Don't miss the organic, herb-infused polenta and the lamb meatballs!

Visited June 2013
Yorkshire
“fantastic breakfast buffet for $22”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

What can I say but I struggled to name something they did not stock. A full omelette station, fruit, cereals, hot buffet with meat and vegetarian options, breads, pastries, items to order and the list goes on. The location is bright and airy and the wait staff attentive. Coffee was good too.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairplay, Colorado
“The good article”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had one each of breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each was well prepared and planned. I especially liked the quinoa included in the salad and as a side for the dinner steak.

Visited June 2013
Columbus, OH
“Sitting on Capital Hill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Let me just say this. I love to eat out! However, I'm use to OHIO and Prague prices! :-)
Apparently, the locals desk this is a bargain menu, so we decided to go to the breakfast buffet-we were already staying here. The buffet had a nice selection of both healthier options and "normal" food. LOL It's $23pp plus the ever so 10% tax...drinks NOT included! If ur looking for "cheap eats" run for ur life. If ur prepared to pay a bit more, then I suggest u go around 10am and u can have brunch. Hence avoiding another expense until Linner!

• Visited May 2013