“Authentic tapas and very good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge

Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge
3116 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)
2023334733
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bodega Spanish Tapas & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #478 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: 31st Street
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Authentic tapas and very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I spend two weeks in Spain last spring and this place was authentic. It was a great find as we were walking around Georgetown. There were two of us and we ordered 4-5 tapas and were sufficiently full. The bacon wrapped figs were unbelievable amazing as well as the rest of the items we ordered, and the red sangria was very good. I definitely recommend.

Visited October 2013

Milwaukee, WI
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

It should be known that I really love authentic Spanish tapas, so keep that in mind when reading this review!

It is very hard to get authentic and delicious Spanish tapas where I live (Milwaukee), so when I travel to bigger cities, I always try to find a tapas restaurant. Bodega did not disappoint!

We ordered the tortilla espanola, calamari with squid ink rice, hearts of palm with shrimp & avocado, patatas bravas, cod with lentils, and sangria. To be honest, the patatas bravas were among the worst I have ever had - bland and overcooked. But the rest of the entrees were so wonderful, especially the cod and the calamari, that we didn't waste our time with the potatoes.

I would say that this was tbe best meal I had on my last trip to DC.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I went to Bodega for lunch. The lunch box special was good, but they are very small portions. I had the calamari which was very good, but there were only about 5 pieces. I also had the chorizo soup. This was very good. The potato and onion quiche was just okay, and it was cold. The service was excellent, the atmosphere is very comfortable. Overall, it was a nice lunch, but next time I think that I would order the soup and a meal.

Visited October 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We took our exchange student from Barcelona to this restaurant while visiting the DC area. He thoroughly enjoyed the meal and said the food was not Americanized in his opinion. The other 4 adults and 3 teens in our group had never experienced Spanish food and we thoroughly enjoyed the food and the wine. The dishes (tapas) are small in size but big in flavor. We all had fun sampling. The atmosphere is lively and the waiters attentive to our table. I would recommend this place. Not a place to dine if you are in a hurry but if you want to just relax and enjoy yourself this is the place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went here for a birthday dinner with about 10 people and it honestly took us over 3 hours to have a meal. It just took forever and the service was pretty bad. We had a pretty good time because the food really is good but its not great if you plan on going anywhere else after. Also, they are not the greatest at accomodating a special order (like an allergy or changing something on the menu) which was irritating.

Visited March 2013