“Never again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters

You added Club Quarters to your Saves list
Club Quarters
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   839 17th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #85 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
College Station, Texas
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the DC Club Quarters for a business trip in mid-March. This is a preferred hotel vendor for my employer and I had only one other experience with this brand - the Club Quarters in Boston - which was great. The DC hotel is right next to the Farragut West metro station, which is very convenient - but that is the only positive thing I can say about the hotel. Dingy is the word that comes to mind for the flooring and furnishing. Terribly uncomfortable mattress in my bed - it had a 'crevice' that pulled me in every night - my hips ached in the morning. There was only one tiny bureau in an unlit closet, so finding the right clothes in the morning was a challenge. The street noise kept me up - as well as the noise from the neighboring rooms (one woman was having a fight with her boyfriend - I really didn't need to hear all that I heard!) When departing we asked to check-out at one instead of noon and were told that we would have to pay for an extra night - just for that hour. That has never happened to me before. Finally - I asked the front desk for a corkscrew one night (for a mini-celebration) - they reacted by saying they could give me one but I had to return it right away. Seriously! I did - but gees - give me a break. I go to DC once a year but will never stay in this hotel again. The Marriott Residence Inn (at far from this location) is much more comfortable and hospitable.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had the bed with the queen sized bed. The room felt claustrophobic. There was one foot of space at the foot of the bed. The bathroom isn't any better; the shower stall is the size of a phone booth. The location of the hotel is its only redeeming attribute.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Next door to Farragut West Metro and thus readily reached from the airport, even when it's raining. A comfortable walk from my two destinations: AAAS headquarters (12th St NW and N. Y. Ave.) and the Georgetown Marriott (22nd St. NW).

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

ROOMS
The rooms are small but contain everything you need. They have shower stalls as opposed to baths, but they basically come with whatever a business traveler would need. The beds are medium-softness and there is an average amount of noise for a city hotel. There are slight blemishes and imperfections in the rooms but nothing too major.

SERVICE
The service was very hit-or-miss here. While a couple of the front desk staff were great and friendly, one or two were a bit obstinate at times. One, for example, even told me that I would need to pay about $50 to check in to my room early in the day even if it was cleaned and ready to go.

FACILITIES
My biggest complaint about the hotel is the inferior quality of the facilities. It is false and misleading to call what they have a "fitness center." It basically consists of two treadmills, some weights, and maybe a couple of other items. The biggest problem, though, is that the ceiling is actually so low that the treadmills are unusable for anyone who is about 6' tall or over, like myself. On a positive note, they will bring an exercise bike up to your room for you. On a negative note, the bike they brought me had loose screws/bolts and when I applied pressure to the handles, I almost fell off the thing!

Second, although they say they have a "business center" complete with printing capabilities, the printer was out of service during the entire duration of my three-night stay. While the front desk offered to print what I needed, it was a major inconvenience, as I had to print a number of things during my stay.

Finally, the one good aspect of their facilities was a coffee/espresso maker which, I am happy to report, was operating 24/7 and actually made a fairly good coffee.

VALUE
The best aspect of this hotel is probably its prices. While they are not cheap (think about $200/night), they are relatively cheaper than other hotels in the area.

So essentially, you have to ask yourself if you're willing to sacrifice amenities and space and service (to some extent) for the lower price. If so, this hotel might be for you. If not, I would look elsewhere at the plethora of hotels offering a better product in the surrounding area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for one night. The reception staff were simply fantastic. They assisted in sorting out the most efficient and cheapest method of transportation to Baltimore (taxi and Marc), and even got my girlfriend a birthday card.

We were upgraded F.O.C. to a top floor suite with great views of the city.

The only thing disappointing was the level of cleaning. Dirty light switches and skirting boards in particular. It wouldn't stop me staying there again, but certainly is something that the hotel should address.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Alec F, Manager at Club Quarters, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear adriankenworthy,
Thank you for selecting Club Quarters during your recent visit to Washington. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you found our staff helpful and accommodating. We were, however, disappointed to hear that we clearly missed a few Housekeeping items. Thank you for sharing with us – we will take this opportunity to review our standards with our team and make improvements. We hope to welcome you back to Club Quarters in D.C. in the near future!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location two block from White House
Three feet from metro station yes 3 three feet
Good staff
Clean room
My room 1103 has great view
But very very small bathroom really need to be corrected
Club house in second floor offer free snacks and coffee 24 hr

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Kaiserslautern, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I received excellent customer service from everyone I interacted with while staying at the Club Quarters in DC. It was within walking distance of all major sight-seeing venues, but I was there on business. My daily walk was 2 miles to my class at L'Enfant Plaza. A truly lovely walk that took me by the White House every morning and evening. The restaurant in the hotel served delicious food, with a great variety. Breakfast was okay, but I found a wonderful place around the corner, and there were numerous fast food, sandwich places in the vicinity. A great place to stay for a business traveler!

Review collected in partnership with HP IE bookmark

Been to Club Quarters? Share your experiences!