“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters

You added Club Quarters to your Saves list
Club Quarters
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   839 17th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #83 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Tacoma WA
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very conveniently located, practically on top of the Metro station. I would recommend this as a business hotel only. The rooms/bathrooms are very small, but clean, attractive, and efficiently designed. OK to sleep and shower, but you would not want to spend much time in your room. Good quality linens, although I did not care for the slippery polyester comforter. The 2d floor lounge offers space to read and a few work stations as the free refreshments are nice touch.
Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Indonesian first
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel while I was in DC for the March for Justice on December 13, 2014. After the hotel was booked and my confirmation was confirmed, I realized that PARKING is not included in the cost. They have a parking deck located beside them that gives their guest discounted price of $25.00 per night (not really a discount since I paid 15.00 for parking down the street). Additionally, I booked this room after speaking with an agent who assured me I was getting the Superior Suite with a sitting area. This meant that I received a mini refrigerator, microwave and free purified water you had to bottle. The room was supposed to sleep 4. However, the bed is a queen that was extremely uncomfortable and the pull-out was a twin which was just as bad. The elevator was barely big enough to fit my child's stroller on it with him and I standing in the elevator and the bathroom is even smaller. The bathroom in the Superior upgraded suite comes with only a shower and no tub. The room was clean and down the street from Starbucks, thus the reason it received a 2 and not a 1. The staff was friendly however, it did not make up for the poor facility. Please, take your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: This is owned by the Marriot/Courtyard take your money directly to the Courtyard and be happy!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Excellent customer service. Carl Wright and Rany Najem were exceptional as well as all other staff. Very welcoming and I felt like a valued customer and not just another guest. The staff make every effort to ensure you have a pleasant stay. The location is fantastic, many sites nearby as well as Meteo Access to travel to other parts of the city. The beds were very comfortable and the restaurant was reasonably priced and great food. The hotel had character and a wonderful atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I intentionally chose a hotel near the famous attractions and metro station .But I didn't know that I made such an excellent decision .The friendly staff was good . For breakfast you have many restaurants nearby . Good hotel.

Room Tip: my room was fine ,315
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This motel had a great location. We were in walking distance to most of the landmarks...the White house, Lincoln memorial, Washington monument & quite a few museums. Caught a train to go to Arlington cemetary but did the night tour to see the statue of Iwo Jima. This town has plenty to do. We also did a day trip to Gettysburg.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
South Riding, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Upon arrival, the staff was pleasant and accommodating, honoring my request for a room away from elevators and vending, and not facing the noisy streets. When we got to the room, however, we were surprised to open the curtains and see an all-glass office building a mere 15 feet away. There were people sitting there working, looking right back at us, with floor-to-ceiling glass windows! We quickly shut the curtains, not to be reopened. I know we're in the city, but I wasn't expecting that. And as it turns out, the window didn't block much sound and our hopes of sleeping in were dashed at 6:30 in the morning when the dumpster trucks made about an hour's worth of noise in the alley outside. The rooms and bathrooms are very small, which was okay since it was a short stay, and overall the hotel's "intimate" accommodations reminded us of our stays in European city hotels. The queen bed is really two twin beds pushed together, so I found myself in an uncomfortable spot on the crack if I wanted to sleep close to my wife. The tiny shower had an excellent hand-head sprayer. My main problem in there was the toilet seat would not stay up on its own, forcing me to be very dextrous. Also, the fixtures and plumbing were industrial in nature, an odd design choice that made it feel more like the bathroom in an office warehouse. We ate dinner in the hotel's Cafe Soleil, which was reasonably priced and the food was delicious. Wait service was excellent as well, including for drinks at the bar.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Mr. Carl Wright, we knew we were in good hands and would enjoy our stay there at the Club Quarters, DC. From the assistance with getting our luggage to our room, to the assistance with local transportation to our favorite resturant; the service and hospitality there was first class. I travel on business monthly to the Club Quarters there in NY. While those trips are always all business, this trip was all pleasure (a family get-a-way. Mr. Wright and the staff there ensured our stay was truly enjoyable. My wife and I look forward to our next stay there in the District at Club Quarters.

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Club Quarters? Share your experiences!