“Location and value - check” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters

You added Club Quarters to your Saves list
Club Quarters
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   839 17th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #85 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Location and value - check”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at this property on business recently and was very pleased. The room was spacious - with a small kitchen area, dining table and separate sleeping area. My room was on the 2nd floor, so I could see all of the street activity below. I will say the room was very clean, which was more than I expected from walking in the hallway.

After my business meetings, I decide to walk around the area and noticed it was close to a number of attractions. I will certainly stay here again during whether for business or pleasure.

When booking, be sure to ask for the weekend rate (it can be different than what is listed on travel sites) and note that parking is not directly on-site (a couple of blocks away) but not terribly inconvenient.

Room Tip: When booking, be sure to ask for the weekend rate - if appropriate (it can be different than what is...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Indonesian first
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I recently stayed at the Club Quarters in DC while here for business. I highly recommend this hotel for business travel, the room I was in was a bit small, but modern and nicely furnished. I am a light sleeper and was not awoken a single time by noises in other rooms or the hall as I often am in hotels. Each floor has a self serve water purifier with empty bottles you can fill to take with you, I now wish all hotels had this option! All interactions with staff found them to be extremely helpful and nice. The "Living Room" on the second floor was a great place to work, spacious, computers and printer. Best of all there was a self serve espresso machine, refrigerator with soda, and fruit/granola bars in the mornings. The location is fantastic as it is literally on top of the Farragut West (blue/orange line) metro stop and across the street from the Farragut North (red line) stop. The restaurant and bar called Soleil was also great for breakfast, dinner and happy hour where my group had business meetings over meals. Do not hesitate to book yourself a room here, it will definitely be my go to for future trips to DC!

Stayed July 2014
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We just stayed for one night here. We took a bus from NYC and arrived there 1230pm. From Union Station, we went straight to the National Mall to see the Smithsonian Museums. This was easy to do because we just one overnight bag each, so we had it with us as we went around walking. Our last stop was the white house. From there the hotel was just a block away.

We didn't have problems checking in. The hotel staff even gave us maps and told us what transport to take. We found out about the circulator Bus which took us around Georgetown. From the hotel, Washington monument was about a 10 minute walk. The Farragut West Station is right behind the hotel so we were able to ride the Metro to Union Station for our trip back to NYC.

The downside of our stay:
Breakfast not included.
Bathroom isn't so nice.

If you're on a budget, this is definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Marseille, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Probably everything you need when staying in downtown Washington. Walking distance from the Mall and walking distance to the convention center too. Si basically when attending a big meeting in D.C., this is the place to stay, both for business time and for relax & visit time! No too far to Georgetown as well. Rooms are quite small (at least the room I was staying in) which is surprising in a U.S. hotel (to me looks like more rooms of a downtown hotel in Paris to be frank, which is far from being a compliment here). However, you never stay locked in you hotel room when travelling, do you? Some sleeping issues with the traffic outside, it's better to require rooms in the back I guess. Overall, a nice stay and location is just great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed there for two nights.
Room was small but comfy and clean.
The hotel is conveniently located nearby the White House and the next Metro stop isn't too far away, which makes it the ideal base for sightseeing.
Parking is available in a garage a few blocks away and is 20$/day (discounted Hotel rate, don't forget to let your parking ticket validate at the front desk before leaving).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay here again, and I have to say, I am liking the place. This is at very convineant location. Few blocks from white house and monument. I will recommend this place for stay. Rooms are slightly smaller and the hotel is normally running full so one has to book in advance.

• Stayed July 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We. my sister and I, were in Washington DC from July 1st to July 5th, 2014. The people that worked at this hotel were so wonderful. They were fun, helpful, cheerful and best of all, knew what they were doing. We were 2 blocks from the White House so the location was perfect. The hotel had a restaurant attached. The food was good, the prices reasonable but the service could have been better. The hotel was reasonable in price also. All in all, I was so impressed with this hotel that whenever I travel, I will check to see if they have a Club Quarters in that city before booking any hotel room.

Sharon M

Room Tip: They did have free WIFI in the hotel on second floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Club Quarters? Share your experiences!