Business hotel or also good for older couples, sans children, touring DC due to the location. However, the people are the bright spot for this property. The building itself is of course old, which isn't a problem except the hotel appears to have been last renovated about 10 years ago. There is a smallish bar right off the small lobby, with a medium sized restaurant; I didn't try it but it was normally busy and gets 3.5 stars from Yelp reviews. I stayed in a queen room which had a small kitchenette minus the sink.
Pros: Very friendly/professional staff, Club Living Room & Business Center (free sodas, espresso/capuccino machine, tea, snacks i.e. chex mix, M&Ms, fruit), free in-room WiFi, work desk, pull out love-seat bed, free filtered chilled water & bottles on each floor, fridge and microwave with plates and cutlery in each room. Farragut North Metro Station is right outside the front door. Perhaps the most striking feature was the ample power outlets and even USB charging ports next to the bed and at the desk (should probably reconsider my rating of 3 and give 5 stars just for that alone).
Challenges: Weak in-room WiFi, really outdated furnishings, dusty/musty drapes and carpets, tiny bathrooms, street noise (constant sirens due to the endless motorcades, snow plows when it's snowing, etc.), small gym, no pool or guest laundry (self-use).
If you book in to stay here on business with a member company, or while attending a class at Management Concepts, they will provide breakfast vouchers for their restaurant, Cafe Solei. I admit I never had breakfast there but co-workers who previously attended did so and said it was fine.
Overall the staff was very nice and courteous, and it was an acceptable stay. I would consider it again, although on the next go I will likely try Hampton Inn, AKA White House, or even Mayflower if they have government rates (rare).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, full service club-like hotel with 161 rooms. The hotel overlooks Farragut square and is just two blocks from the White House and Lafayette Square. Club Quarters is the best value hotel based on quality and the prime location.Club Quarters provide:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 1 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 38 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Reservation Counter, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Club Quarters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Hotel Washington Dc
- Quarters Hotel Washington Dc
- Club Quarters Washington Dc
- Club Quarters Dc
- Quarters Washington Dc