Club Quarters is a really good find. Its a great location, reasonably central and right next to a Metro station. Despite the sub-zero temperatures the room was well heated and the air conditioning worked excellently to keep everything toasty.
The rooms are small by US standards but normal size in city hotels in Europe. The room includes all that you need and the desk and chair are actually suitable for working at. The chair goes up and down like a desk chair should and there are electric sockets just where you need them for a laptop and phone etc and an adjustable desk light. Nice little touch, there is a charger station by the bedside where you can plug everything in overnight.
The bathroom was clean and the shower effective and the hot water was actually hot enough to wet shave in. The bed was super comfortable and the curtains include blackout and my room (504) had a great view of Farragul Square (in the snow!).
Location is great with The White House two blocks away and some of the monuments close enough to walk to. For a central Washington location it is really good value for money. Staff were friendly and efficient. Club Quarters have a strange check-in machine for you to use when you arrive. If you haven't encountered this before it allows you to self check-in, but you will need the front desk staff to demonstrate this, which makes me wonder why they bother if staff and going to operate it! It makes check out much quicker though as it prints your bill for you.
The online printing service was not working when I was there and I think the Club Lounge is a bit of a let down - not worth the bother. I had room service food delivered in from a local restaurant rather than the Cafe onsite, but that worked well and was tasty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, full service club-like hotel with 161 rooms. The hotel overlooks Farragut square and is just two blocks from the White House and Lafayette Square. Club Quarters is the best value hotel based on quality and the prime location.Club Quarters provide:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 1 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 38 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Club Quarters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Hotel Washington Dc
- Quarters Hotel Washington Dc
- Club Quarters Washington Dc
- Club Quarters Dc
- Quarters Washington Dc