“Convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters

You added Club Quarters to your Saves list
Club Quarters
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   839 17th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #87 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Oslo, Norway
“Convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice location, very close to the White House. Modest lobby, but helpful staff. Rooms are basic, but perfectly OK, and they seem quiet. Complimentary refreshments and snacks on the second floor. Overall, recommended for people that mainly need a place to sleep, but go out for meals and entertainment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
NJTraveler100
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was somewhat concerned about the noise problem after reading a number of the reviews. As such, when I booked a room for the weekend of June 21, I asked for a renovated quiet room away from the front of the hotel. The staff assigned me rm 716 and I couldn't have been more happy. This is the third Club Quarters that I have stayed at. The room was a corner room and was recent renovated. Both nights I found street parking directly across from the hotel on 17th. I will definitely stay here again given the closes proximity

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were in DC for sight seeing and it had been many years for myself, while it was the first time for my friend from Nebraska. For two females arriving late Friday night, and not being "city-girls", we were a little nervous about the parking garage being a block and a half away.... Luckily Carl from the front desk came to the rescue and escorted us to the parking garage!! He was finishing his shift and on his way home but went above and beyond in providing excellent customer service!! Carl made our experience in DC a very positive one and we were very thankful for his kindness and generosity... While the rooms were small, they were very clean and the staff (especially Carl) made our stay a memorable experience! I would highly recommend staying at the Club Quarters and be sure to ask for Carl.... he'll make sure to assist you however needed and will make sure you have a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was my first time staying at Club Quarters. I will say that they make efficient use of every inch of space. My assistant reserved the room through Expedia.com so that may have had something to do with the tiny room I received. I find that reservations made through a 3rd party are not as good as those you receive when making the reservation directly with the hotel.

Positives: business center on 2nd flr, very close to Metro and many restaurants; restaurant on site.

Night manager Carl W. was very helpful with a business
need I had. Thank you!

Negatives: cable (DirectTv) kept going out constantly; toiletry holder on wall is placed too far over and I kept hitting my head on it each time I got up from the toilet (they need to fix that); in linen closet no iron and ironing board in each room - shared with whole floor; room I stayed in was located right across from two office buildings so I couldn't relax with the curtains open.

Although list of negatives is longer than positives, I would stay again, and just request a different room type.

• Stayed June 2013
West Windsor, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in the Club Quarters hotel in downtown Washington DC for a business trip. It was right across the street from my office which was perfect, and we were close enough to the sights that we were able to walk all around DC one night after work. The downside of the great location is the size of the rooms--they were all teeny tiny. You can also tell that they are trying to save money wherever they can: they turn off your AC during the day unless you ask them not to, you have to ask for your complementary coffee to be brought to the room (even though there is a coffee maker already there), you have to ask for an iron and ironing board to be brought to the room if you want them, etc. I also used the fitness center one night and it had 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, and some weights all in a teeny tiny room. If you're like me and just traveling for business and want to be downtown, then I think it's just fine. But if you're looking for a nice downtown DC hotel for a vacation, I wouldn't stay here. Especially if you want a semi-spacious room to unwind in at the end of a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stow, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in DC for an association meeting and Club Quarters was the only option open to us. It isn't awful, but it isn't great. That's why I gave it 3 stars. Bad news, we got assigned to one of the "older" rooms and the AC didn't work on an 85 degree day. Good news: The front desk upgraded us to one of the refurbished rooms (not very big, but neat and clean) and everything was fine. The first time we asked to get it fixed nothing happened, but (as I said earlier) the front desk was very nice in moving us to one of the newer rooms. The lounge on the second floor is also a nice perk. You'll be OK if you get a newer room. We had dinner one night in the restaurant just off the lobby and it was nice.

Room Tip: Get one of the refurbished rooms!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is ideal hotel for people who are up and out about town but want a clean, convenient, safe and comfortable place to get a good night's sleep and clean up for the next day. Economical. Close to 2 Metro Stations.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Farragut Park
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Quarters? Share your experiences!