“Nice for business travelers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters in Washington, D.C.

You added Club Quarters in Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
Club Quarters in Washington, D.C.
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   839 17th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #88 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice for business travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying at Club Quarters. I will say that they make efficient use of every inch of space. My assistant reserved the room through Expedia.com so that may have had something to do with the tiny room I received. I find that reservations made through a 3rd party are not as good as those you receive when making the reservation directly with the hotel.

Positives: business center on 2nd flr, very close to Metro and many restaurants; restaurant on site.

Night manager Carl W. was very helpful with a business
need I had. Thank you!

Negatives: cable (DirectTv) kept going out constantly; toiletry holder on wall is placed too far over and I kept hitting my head on it each time I got up from the toilet (they need to fix that); in linen closet no iron and ironing board in each room - shared with whole floor; room I stayed in was located right across from two office buildings so I couldn't relax with the curtains open.

Although list of negatives is longer than positives, I would stay again, and just request a different room type.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Indonesian first
West Windsor, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in the Club Quarters hotel in downtown Washington DC for a business trip. It was right across the street from my office which was perfect, and we were close enough to the sights that we were able to walk all around DC one night after work. The downside of the great location is the size of the rooms--they were all teeny tiny. You can also tell that they are trying to save money wherever they can: they turn off your AC during the day unless you ask them not to, you have to ask for your complementary coffee to be brought to the room (even though there is a coffee maker already there), you have to ask for an iron and ironing board to be brought to the room if you want them, etc. I also used the fitness center one night and it had 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, and some weights all in a teeny tiny room. If you're like me and just traveling for business and want to be downtown, then I think it's just fine. But if you're looking for a nice downtown DC hotel for a vacation, I wouldn't stay here. Especially if you want a semi-spacious room to unwind in at the end of a day of sightseeing.

Stow, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in DC for an association meeting and Club Quarters was the only option open to us. It isn't awful, but it isn't great. That's why I gave it 3 stars. Bad news, we got assigned to one of the "older" rooms and the AC didn't work on an 85 degree day. Good news: The front desk upgraded us to one of the refurbished rooms (not very big, but neat and clean) and everything was fine. The first time we asked to get it fixed nothing happened, but (as I said earlier) the front desk was very nice in moving us to one of the newer rooms. The lounge on the second floor is also a nice perk. You'll be OK if you get a newer room. We had dinner one night in the restaurant just off the lobby and it was nice.

Room Tip: Get one of the refurbished rooms!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is ideal hotel for people who are up and out about town but want a clean, convenient, safe and comfortable place to get a good night's sleep and clean up for the next day. Economical. Close to 2 Metro Stations.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Farragut Park
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Branch, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Yes. Club Quarters was a life saver. Using my AARP travel benefits I reserved a room at Club Quarters on 4/26. The virtual tour did not give it the justice it deserved. When I arrived it was not until I reached the room that I knew I found a spot I would be comfortable in. The single room in hidden recess off the main floor is decorated in dark wood, modular furniture, granite bathroom all linear design. I had a view of the city stores and restaurants. Best of all it is located just around the corner from the White House and the Jackson Park. When I reserved I was not aware of all the attractions being so close. This find a of hotel made my birthday weekend a great memory.
Café Soleil next door, Frozen yogurt around corner, museums and the infamous K St.

I recommend for the solo traveler. Actually another woman I talked to on elevator said she likes the Club Quarters in D.C. and New York.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Montreal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have stayed at this Club Quarters and others many times over the last fifteen years. We liked for the club-style atmosphere of the hotels when they first started: the self-service spirit at check-in, the extra amenities for guests in the halls, the agreeable meeting spaces for work events, and the comparatively low rates in large urban centers. This time, however, the brand seems challenged and tired.

Our room was a standard one, ample in size with a double twin/king bed, meaning that there is a line down the center separating two mattresses, one in much better shape than the other. The problem foremost was simply one of cleanliness: our carpet was barely vacuumed, there were stains and crumbs on the desk chair. Yet so few North American hotels pay their cleaning staff even minimum wage, perhaps one shouldn't be surprised at this low level of maintenance.

Despite the ample size of the room, there is no ready storage space for clothes, even for a short stay (shelves would be an easier option); there is no in-room safe; and perhaps most importantly for good sense, there is no luggage rack for a suitcase, meaning that the hundreds of guests in the room before you have been heaving their suitcases and roller grit up onto the bedspread, desk, or armchair.

Breakfast at the Cafe Soleil downstairs merits special comment. It was beyond depressing. At the Saturday opening hour of 8am, the scrambled eggs were already cold, and the chilled potatoes appeared to have been recycled from the day before. Bread offerings for toast consisted of Wonderbread white and Wonderbread off white. Service in the near empty restaurant was almost non-existent, and while someone came to pour coffee, a request for milk went ignored while the staff chatted at the bar, even though there were only two patrons in the entire place. Not the best day on any front.

Room Tip: If quiet is the goal, one of our favorite rooms is the back corner, facing an interior alleyway, rat...
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in early April for a convention. The room I had was acceptable but, for me, the major downside was there was no safe. I don't like to leave my iPad and PC unlocked, but didn't have much choice. The room was small, about 2 feet longer than the bed, and long. It had a good size desk, fridge and microwave. There were no dressers, just a drawer in each nightstand and 3 shelves in the closet. There was no shelf above the clothes rod. The bathroom was a fair size with all the amenities. The wi-fi was strong, and free. The hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the convention center - you will need a cab if it is raining. It is walking distance to the White House and the Mall. Water bottles and chilled water are provided from a dispenser in the corridor, which was great because the convention center seemed to only fill the water coolers once per day. The price was good compared to other hotels, the staff was friendly, the prices in the bar/restaurant were good. I would stay here again. One note for early risers on Sunday: I couldn't find a breakfast place open before 8 AM within walking distance, but I didn't ask the desk just thought I would explore.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Club Quarters in Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Club Quarters in Washington, D.C.

Address: 839 17th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20006
#71 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Club Quarters in Washington, D.C. 3.5*
Club Quarters, Washington DC is located on Farragut Square, two blocks from the White House, and a short walk to all monuments and museums. Club Quarters hotels provide contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere. Innovative and complimentary features include free, fast WiFi in guest rooms and throughout the hotel, our Club Living Room - a lounge area for socializing, relaxing or working with computer work stations and wireless network printing, free, chilled purified water stations with refillable bottles located throughout the hotel, and an easy-to-use and understand Guest Loyalty Program. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Club Quarters in Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Club Quarters Hotel Washington Dc
Quarters Hotel Washington Dc
Club Quarters Washington Dc
Club Quarters Dc
Quarters Washington Dc

If you own or manage Club Quarters in Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.