We have stayed at this Club Quarters and others many times over the last fifteen years. We liked for the club-style atmosphere of the hotels when they first started: the self-service spirit at check-in, the extra amenities for guests in the halls, the agreeable meeting spaces for work events, and the comparatively low rates in large urban centers. This time, however, the brand seems challenged and tired.
Our room was a standard one, ample in size with a double twin/king bed, meaning that there is a line down the center separating two mattresses, one in much better shape than the other. The problem foremost was simply one of cleanliness: our carpet was barely vacuumed, there were stains and crumbs on the desk chair. Yet so few North American hotels pay their cleaning staff even minimum wage, perhaps one shouldn't be surprised at this low level of maintenance.
Despite the ample size of the room, there is no ready storage space for clothes, even for a short stay (shelves would be an easier option); there is no in-room safe; and perhaps most importantly for good sense, there is no luggage rack for a suitcase, meaning that the hundreds of guests in the room before you have been heaving their suitcases and roller grit up onto the bedspread, desk, or armchair.
Breakfast at the Cafe Soleil downstairs merits special comment. It was beyond depressing. At the Saturday opening hour of 8am, the scrambled eggs were already cold, and the chilled potatoes appeared to have been recycled from the day before. Bread offerings for toast consisted of Wonderbread white and Wonderbread off white. Service in the near empty restaurant was almost non-existent, and while someone came to pour coffee, a request for milk went ignored while the staff chatted at the bar, even though there were only two patrons in the entire place. Not the best day on any front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, Washington DC is located on Farragut Square, two blocks from the White House, and a short walk to all monuments and museums. Club Quarters hotels provide contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere. Innovative and complimentary features include free, fast WiFi in guest rooms and throughout the hotel, our Club Living Room - a lounge area for socializing, relaxing or working with computer work stations and wireless network printing, free, chilled purified water stations with refillable bottles located throughout the hotel, and an easy-to-use and understand Guest Loyalty Program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Groupon, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Club Quarters in Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Hotel Washington Dc
- Quarters Hotel Washington Dc
- Club Quarters Washington Dc
- Club Quarters Dc
- Quarters Washington Dc