We have stayed at this Club Quarters and others many times over the last fifteen years. We liked for the club-style atmosphere of the hotels when they first started: the self-service spirit at check-in, the extra amenities for guests in the halls, the agreeable meeting spaces for work events, and the comparatively low rates in large urban centers. This time, however, the brand seems challenged and tired.
Our room was a standard one, ample in size with a double twin/king bed, meaning that there is a line down the center separating two mattresses, one in much better shape than the other. The problem foremost was simply one of cleanliness: our carpet was barely vacuumed, there were stains and crumbs on the desk chair. Yet so few North American hotels pay their cleaning staff even minimum wage, perhaps one shouldn't be surprised at this low level of maintenance.
Despite the ample size of the room, there is no ready storage space for clothes, even for a short stay (shelves would be an easier option); there is no in-room safe; and perhaps most importantly for good sense, there is no luggage rack for a suitcase, meaning that the hundreds of guests in the room before you have been heaving their suitcases and roller grit up onto the bedspread, desk, or armchair.
Breakfast at the Cafe Soleil downstairs merits special comment. It was beyond depressing. At the Saturday opening hour of 8am, the scrambled eggs were already cold, and the chilled potatoes appeared to have been recycled from the day before. Bread offerings for toast consisted of Wonderbread white and Wonderbread off white. Service in the near empty restaurant was almost non-existent, and while someone came to pour coffee, a request for milk went ignored while the staff chatted at the bar, even though there were only two patrons in the entire place. Not the best day on any front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, full service club-like hotel with 161 rooms. The hotel overlooks Farragut square and is just two blocks from the White House and Lafayette Square. Club Quarters is the best value hotel based on quality and the prime location.Club Quarters provide:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 1 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 38 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Club Quarters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Hotel Washington Dc
- Quarters Hotel Washington Dc
- Club Quarters Washington Dc
- Club Quarters Dc
- Quarters Washington Dc