“I think I inhaled a pack of cigarettes or more of second hand smoke during my stay (inside my room).” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters

You added Club Quarters to your Saves list
Club Quarters
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   839 17th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #87 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I think I inhaled a pack of cigarettes or more of second hand smoke during my stay (inside my room). For anyone who detests cigarette smoke, be very careful to be sure that you don't get stuck unknowingly on a smoking floor. I didn't know hotels had smoking floors anymore, and I ended up getting a room on a smoking floor without anyone telling me. I didn't realize it until after it was too late, though the stale stinky odor of a smoking room should have triggered me to ask earlier. At night, I could have sworn somebody was blowing smoke straight into my room for hours on end, that is how bad it was. Ruined my night of sleep and even affected my clothing.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Love this hotel! It is really close to the White House, and easy walking distance to the mall, museums, memorials etc. Very pleasant and efficient front desk staff, particularly the gorgeous woman who helped us check in, and stow our luggage. The restaurant is also great for breakfast. Rooms are very nice, clean, good amenities. Great value! I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Convenient to all central DC attractions. Very accomodating and even provide a few perks like free bottled water. A little noisy do to the park across the street and it's proximity to city center. But very comfy and convenient to metro. I would definitely recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had read that Club Quarters was in a great location but I didn't realize how great until I got there. It is literally down the street from the White House! It is also directly next to the Farragot West metro stop which makes getting there from the airport a breeze. The entire hotel was extremely clean and all the staff I encountered were very pleasant. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I spent a night a this Hotel during a business trip and highly recommend it. Checking in was a breeze. The rooms were small but nice and clean. It had everything that I needed including free Wi-fi. The restaurant was excellent. You can't beat the location and the price of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My son and I just got back from a two-night stay at the Club Quarters in DC. I've stayed at both the New York WTC and Philadelphia locations before, and the Club Quarters in DC is consistent with those two other hotels. All are in good locations, clean, and affordable.

On this visit, we stayed in a suite which had a queen bed (they don't really seem like queens, more similar in size to doubles/fulls) and a full size pull-out couch. The room also had a small refrigerator and microwave, which was really convenient. The rooms are small, but clean and well appointed.

The location is excellent, approximately three blocks from the White House. Also, the hop-on-hop off trolley has a stop about two blocks from the hotel, if you are interested in doing sight-seeing tours.

The restaurant on the first floor has a good happy hour menu which is affordable and kid-friendly with things like wings and nachos. That's the only type of food that we got there, so I don't have any comments on their regular menu.

I didn't have any issues with service. I found everything to be very pleasant and helpful. I am, however, a very low maintenance, self-service kind of traveler. If you are looking for lot of bells and whistles and pampering, this is probably not your kind of place.

I would return to this hotel. In fact, I am considering booking it to take my mother to see the cherry blossoms next year.

The place that they refer you to for parking, Washington Square, is about three blocks away. I think there was less expensive parking a tad bit closer to the hotel.

Room Tip: There's a great little deli on I (Eye) Street to grab some breakfast. I think it's called D...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SF
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We didn't really run into any trouble with the hotel. It just seemed that the staff really kept to themselves and didn't smile too much. When we checked it, they gave us the keys and didn't say much more. No offering us maps or anything (which we noticed were available when we checked out. Would've helped if they offered it to us when we checked in.)

We were just traveling in town for 2 days to take a look around DC. The location was prime, especially if you are staying on the weekdays. However, if you are traveling on weekends and thought about using the Metro, read on.... We arrived on Friday morning, got off the Farragout West Metro entrance and the hotel was just right next door! Imagine our delight! However, the next day, we saw that the station entrance was actually closed on weekends. So, our first time using the convenient entrance also turned out to be our last. For the next 2 days, we would walk about a block or two to use the Metro. It's not too bad. However, that was one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. So, it was a bit of a let down.

Overall, the inside of the hotel is tiny. But, it's clean and convenient. I especially liked their water bottling machine where they offer empty bottles and filtered water to refill it with as many times as you like.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Quarters? Share your experiences!