Just returned from a week in Washington DC over spring break. We chose this hotel because very few hotels in DC offer rooms with 2 Queens for families. Very busy week in the city and the hotel was full. We were pleased when we arrived after 10:00pm and heard that the hotel was sold out and they were turning people away, they saved their last room for us since we are Rewards Members. For being the last room, we were very pleased. The room was clean, great condition and we were at the end of a hall which turned out to be very quiet and away from the street noise.
Every morning breakfast was packed, but hotel staff helped find us a seat, cleared tables quickly and moved chairs around to help our family find a seat. Breakfast selection was just as we expected. Saving $30 a morning on breakfast for our family was worth the crowded area.
Jay the concierge was super friendly, knew us by name after the 3 day. Helped us book a tour and followed up with us throughout the week on dinner reservations.
Lots of restaurants nearby to choose from. Metro is close and getting a taxi was super easy.
We did have an uncomfortable experience getting caught in a street mob outside the hotel. The hotel staff said the Miami Heat rivals were in town and looking for trouble. It was still daylight but scary for the kids to watch a woman throw herself at a moving bus. Being in a big city can draw these kinds of crowds though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently opened & completely renovated hotel offers comfort & convenience to the busy business traveler looking for quality & value while visiting our National’s Capital. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services & amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. 198 elegant & functional guestrooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24 hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch & dinner & offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood & in close proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn