I stay in Fairfields a lot, and chose this one based on all the great reviews and mapping the area. While it was fine, it was not a top experience. Positives: clean room, fast elevator, nice staff, super close to metro. Negatives: Verizon center crowds when there is an event there, which happened to be all 4 nights we were in town. Not just a crowded hotel, but all the sidewalks and restaurants nearby. Breakfast was ridiculous, get there when it starts (7am on wkends, 6:30 wkdays) or forget it. Huge lines, no tables, the staff lady said she cant get those powdered eggs out fast enough! A bit more of a walk than expected to sites. In hindsight, I would pay the extra and stay at the JW Marriott. There's so much walking to do in DC that every block adds a lot (and we are active adults). I was also suprised there was no fridge or microwave in the room, that was disappointing though I've read now that maybe you can specially request that? Seems odd and not like most.
Bottom line, for a budget trip or Verizon center event, it's a great place. Otherwise, consider other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently opened & completely renovated hotel offers comfort & convenience to the busy business traveler looking for quality & value while visiting our National’s Capital. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services & amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. 198 elegant & functional guestrooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24 hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch & dinner & offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood & in close proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Reservation Counter, Otel, HotelsClick, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn