If your going to an event at the Verizon Center this is the place to stay. The rates are really good compared to other area hotels. The rooms are clean and the beds give a great nights sleep. There is plenty of draw space and a closet for those items that need hanging. The bathroom looks brand new and the water pressure and temperature in the shower are perfect. Plenty of towels and supplies and a huge mirror if two need to get ready at the same time.
We had room 723 and even though it was on the alley side we had a nice view of the area. It was quiet and had plenty of outlets for those can't live without items. Although we did not have a mini refridge (I understand you can request a room with one) I simply got a few buckets of ice and used a plastic bag in the extra 'trash can' to keep a few items cold. Ice is available only feet from the elevator on several floors.
Jonathan at the Concierge was always ready to help and recommended a wonderful restaurant for us to dine at and knew his way around DC. He told us how far places were and our options, car, taxi, metro, or walk it. He always asked how things were and greeted us with a smile. The rest of the staff was also a pleasurable.
Breakfast was great, Those in charge always made sure selections were fresh and stocked. Real fresh fruit cocktail and eggs. Oatmeal was hot and not those 'instant' packets and a nice selection of bagels and breads. Waffles with strawberry topping and whipped creme if you like. They have healthy low-fat or sugar free selections as well.
Parking was fast and efficient as was check-in and out. I noted another review that knocked their customer service and said homeless people were always in the lobby...I saw non and wonder if they simply reviewed the wrong hotel as I saw nothing of the sort. I found the internet to be a little slow, but when I needed a hand or paper to make copies all I needed was to ask. They also have great coffee, tea, or hot cocoa 24/7 in the lobby and some great fresh baked cookies till about 5.
Clean, modern, friendly, & convenient sums it up. Very enjoyable weekend stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently opened & completely renovated hotel offers comfort & convenience to the busy business traveler looking for quality & value while visiting our National’s Capital. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services & amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. 198 elegant & functional guestrooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24 hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch & dinner & offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood & in close proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn