Our room was very comfortable with spacious king bed and even a small sofa for seating. The view out our window was of a lovely church across the road. I did use the advice of other travelers in asking for a room away from the elevators and ice machine and the room we received met those requests. The restaurant accessed through a keyed door was perfect for a real meal after thirteen hours of travel but is pub style not family style dining. The breakfast each morning was very generous with choices of hot and cold items that gave great nutritious options. The dining area was kept clean and superbly managed by the staff. We received help with directions and arranging a driver from the front desk as well as the concierge. The metro and bus systems are very easy to use from this hotel and I loved not having a car to deal with. A very easy walk brought us to the White House, Capitol and Mall. The location is really outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently opened & completely renovated hotel offers comfort & convenience to the busy business traveler looking for quality & value while visiting our National’s Capital. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services & amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. 198 elegant & functional guestrooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24 hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch & dinner & offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood & in close proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn