“Fantastic Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 H St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Washington DC Downtown) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #53 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Burlington, Vermont
“Fantastic Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our room was very comfortable with spacious king bed and even a small sofa for seating. The view out our window was of a lovely church across the road. I did use the advice of other travelers in asking for a room away from the elevators and ice machine and the room we received met those requests. The restaurant accessed through a keyed door was perfect for a real meal after thirteen hours of travel but is pub style not family style dining. The breakfast each morning was very generous with choices of hot and cold items that gave great nutritious options. The dining area was kept clean and superbly managed by the staff. We received help with directions and arranging a driver from the front desk as well as the concierge. The metro and bus systems are very easy to use from this hotel and I loved not having a car to deal with. A very easy walk brought us to the White House, Capitol and Mall. The location is really outstanding.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear ffxvttraveler,

Thank you so much for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you felt our hotel was a perfect fit for you on your visit. Our team works hard to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay, and it's always a pleasure to be able to provide them with such great testimony from our valued guests.

We love our location and are happy to hear that you did as well.

We would love to host you on your future travels to our Nation's Capital, and I would be happy to take care of your reservation needs directly.

Ryan Urgo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel was centrally located in DC - which I found appealing. The customer service - not so much. In fact, between the lackluster service and the homeless people wandering into the lobby, I wouldn't recommend the place to anyone.

By terrible customer service, I mean specifically requesting foam pillows (due to a feather allergy, but regardless of the reason...) and having none in the room upon check in. When I called the front desk to ask for some, the attendant said that they don't have any (the hotel was not even close to sold out). When I explained my reservation and allergy, she then said that she wouldn't be able to get them (with a tone that said "suck it up"). Now, as someone who has worked in the hotel industry for years, I know both how to be polite and also that IT IS YOUR JOB to go retrieve the pillows - especially when someone is highly allergic to feathers.

The beds were too old (hard and worn), there was 1 clean towel in the room at check in, the valet HAD to park the car if you were parking at the hotel, so I found myself waiting for about 40 minutes on the curb for the valet to come back. Also, the hotel isn't in the greatest of neighborhoods. Typically, I'd be inclined to overlook that fact, but in combination with everything else, I give this place 2 stars.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear C H,

Thank you for staying at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize for the poor experience you encountered on your visit to our property. We strive to deliver exceptional service and to ensure that you have a wonderful stay. Unfortunately, we were unable to deliver on these promises for you.

I would be happy to discuss this further with you if you would like to give me a call.

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The breakfast was great. Eggs, sausage and waffles every day! There is a Walgreens just down the street with sandwiches and snacks. Asian restaurants right by the hotel and other restaurants on 7th st. Nice walk to the capitol, Smithsonian and National Gallery of Art, but the Lincoln Memorial was a long walk from here. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I was right by the elevator and I could hear it in the room. But I would take that room again just f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
wasfc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear jamsignal,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC Convention Center. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in vibrant Chinatown.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our full hot complimentary breakfast and that our location was ideal for you.

Please do join us on your next trip and continue to recommend us!

I am happy to help you personally with your next reservations. Feel free to reach out to me directly.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hotel was nicer than I was expecting. While I had a very small room (smallest room in the US?) it was clean and well appointed. Coming from a European expectation, it was big enough. Staff were all polite and very pleasant. Breakfast a real highlight! Much more than just continental as advertised. Also, the attached Irish bar had one of the nicest IPAs I have ever had. Lots of different options for dinner in the surrounding China Town and an ideal distance from the convention centre.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear TheBacca,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, our staff was attentive and we provided a clean hotel for you to relax and enjoy. I apologize if the room size wasn't a good fit for you, if you choose to stay with us again ask the front desk for a larger room, and we will gladly provide one. Also, I am glad you enjoyed The Irish Channel bar/restaurant.

Highland Springs, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel because it was the closest we could find to the Verizon Center (a 5 minute walk) and we were attending a hockey game. After a horrible drive into DC, we were delighted to be met with friendly staff and valet parking. Rooms are small, but very cozy. My husband and I both slept better than we have in a very long time! The hotel is located in Chinatown and has a lovely Asian motif throughout. Coming back after the game close to 11pm, we were happy that the restaurant/bar connected to the hotel was open until 2am on Wednesday! Drinks were great and live music is there regularly. We will definitely stay here whenever we are in this area.

Dear Lindsay H,

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC Convention Center on your visit to our Nation's Capital. I'm happy to hear that we were the perfect location for your hockey game at the Verizon Center. We are fortunate to be within walking distance to so many attractions, restaurants and entertainment in the city. I am also glad to hear that The Irish Channel was a good fit for you!

Thank you for your feedback as we always gain so much from our guests.

Regards,

ballarat vic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great location in China town, walking distance to all the sights and 2 blocks to the station.
Breakfast time was very busy and hard to get a seat some mornings, all staff at this hotel were very professional and helpful. The rooms were great and we had a view of the church, slept really well and ate twice at the Irish pub next door. Would definately stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear karsBallaratVic,

We are delighted to hear that our staff was professional and helpful, and that we provided a clean hotel for you to relax and enjoy.

Our goal is to be your first choice when you visit our Nation's Capital again!

Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a very nice stay here last weekend. We are new to DC and weren't very familiar with the area so we're sure glad we had Jonathan at the front (literally, he was ALWAYS at the front desk. Does he sleep?) I'm pretty sure he would have walked us to the Metro line if we needed it, he was that accommodating. He is what true service looks like: when you ask a question he doesn't tell you, he SHOWS you. Anyway, he's lovely. 'nuff said. So, the hotel is extremely easy to get to if you are driving from the north. It's just off the highway and near the 395 entrance. There's just a one block walk to the Metro and a slew of shops. If you are going to any events at the Staples Center, you literally could not stay any closer. And the mall adjacent to the staples center has 24 hour parking, so for 24 hours we paid only $16! Kind of a bargain. I know the hotel offers valet but there wasn't a valet person standing out there when we arrived so we just looped around to the parking garage. This is in the Asian area of town which means great food and lots of life and culture. You're a short walk to the nearby Dc attractions too. The hotel was clean and modern. There is a free breakfast which probably could have used more fresh items, but I enjoyed my waffles covered in strawberries just the same. We would stay here again as it was convenient to the theatre area, updated and reasonable priced.

Dear Cassandra S,

Thank you so much for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC Convention Center.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here. It's always so rewarding for our team to hear such great feedback and in this case I was thrilled to share your compliments with Jonathan. He was so grateful and excited! Excellent customer service is was we strive for here. We are very proud of our team, hotel and proximity to all that is our Nation's Capital.

Please do join us on your next trip and continue to recommend us!

Regards,

Ryan Urgo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown? Share your experiences!