This hotel was centrally located in DC - which I found appealing. The customer service - not so much. In fact, between the lackluster service and the homeless people wandering into the lobby, I wouldn't recommend the place to anyone.
By terrible customer service, I mean specifically requesting foam pillows (due to a feather allergy, but regardless of the reason...) and having none in the room upon check in. When I called the front desk to ask for some, the attendant said that they don't have any (the hotel was not even close to sold out). When I explained my reservation and allergy, she then said that she wouldn't be able to get them (with a tone that said "suck it up"). Now, as someone who has worked in the hotel industry for years, I know both how to be polite and also that IT IS YOUR JOB to go retrieve the pillows - especially when someone is highly allergic to feathers.
The beds were too old (hard and worn), there was 1 clean towel in the room at check in, the valet HAD to park the car if you were parking at the hotel, so I found myself waiting for about 40 minutes on the curb for the valet to come back. Also, the hotel isn't in the greatest of neighborhoods. Typically, I'd be inclined to overlook that fact, but in combination with everything else, I give this place 2 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently opened & completely renovated hotel offers comfort & convenience to the busy business traveler looking for quality & value while visiting our National’s Capital. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services & amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. 198 elegant & functional guestrooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24 hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch & dinner & offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood & in close proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Marriott, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn