This was the best hotel we stayed in on our 3 week trip to America. The beds and pillows were wonderful, just like sleeping on a cloud. The reception staff were friendly and we felt very welcome. The location is good from the point of view of sight seeing. We didn't have a car whilst in Washington, so caught buses or the metro to everywhere we wanted. The stops are just a block away and we bought an "oldies" card just down the road on 5th Street at the transportation head office. Journeys on the bus cost 80cents and $1.60 on the metro, so $12 each lasted us easily for 3 days. We had thought about going on the sight seeing buses, but these are terribly expensive. The Fairfield is in China Town which is an interesting part of Washington. The only small downside is that along H Street, there are a few unemployed men who lurk about, but we were never worried by them. We did eat at the Irish pub under the Fairfield. Although the food was good, this is a sports bar and it was very noisy. The noise didn't drift up to our room though. We would go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently opened & completely renovated hotel offers comfort & convenience to the busy business traveler looking for quality & value while visiting our National’s Capital. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services & amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. 198 elegant & functional guestrooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24 hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch & dinner & offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood & in close proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn