I booked through hotels.com at the Marriott Courtyard across the street from the Spy Museum. When I arrived, I was told they overbooked and were sending me to a different hotel for my first night. They sent me to the Fairfield Inn about 5 blocks away.
I stayed here when it was a Red Roof a couple of years ago and it was mediocre at best. Thankfully, that is not the case anymore.
The lobby wasn't even recognizable from when it was Red Roof. It is MUCH nicer now. The elevator requires your keycard to get to your floor.
The room is also much nicer now. About what you'd expect from a Fairfield Inn. Same with the bathroom.
Unfortunately, you can still hear noise from the room next door. It wasn't horrible, but it was there.
One note... the price is about twice what it was before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently opened & completely renovated hotel offers comfort & convenience to the busy business traveler looking for quality & value while visiting our National’s Capital. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services & amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. 198 elegant & functional guestrooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24 hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch & dinner & offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood & in close proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn