This hotel, located in “Chinatown” is superbly situated close to the convention centre and many of the museums and monuments in Washington. It is also only 2 blocks away from a Metro stop. There are homeless people around, but they did not bother us during our 8 night stay. You need a room key to gain entrance to the hotel after 10:00 PM. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi and a reasonable free breakfast that is fairly good. It had bagels, muffins drinks, cereal, oatmeal, and yogurt. It is the almost identical breakfast offered in other Fairfield Inns.
The hotel is fairly clean and the bed was very comfortable. However considering the rate ($225 per night, reduced from $260 per night because our stay was longer than 7 nights), it should offer a lot more. When you check in as a Marriott Rewards member you are asked to spin the “wheel of fortune” to see how many extra rewards points you win. I was asked to spin it twice as it has not gotten around all the way! I thought for a minute I was on the Price is Right! It is the last thing I wanted to do late at night after traveling no matter how many points they add. The towels are a bit of a joke. They are bare thin and will actually tear if you pull at them too hard. It is hard to comprehend how the Marriott Corporation does not make them invest in better quality towels. The soap and shampoo are of inferior quality and certainly the worse I have encountered in any stay at a Marriott property. The last point is that we were accommodated in a handicapped room even though we are not handicapped and did not request one. I suspect they had no other rooms when we arrived late, but they never even mentioned it when we checked in. It took a bit of getting used to as the sink and the light switches are placed lower. The door was very difficult to unlock from the inside, which I suspect because of the electronic gadget on it to make it open electronically (we could never figure out how it worked). One also has to wonder how the hotel would have accommodated an actual handicapped person in the eight days we occupied the room.
All in all, a good location, but certainly it did not offer good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently opened & completely renovated hotel offers comfort & convenience to the busy business traveler looking for quality & value while visiting our National’s Capital. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services & amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. 198 elegant & functional guestrooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24 hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch & dinner & offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood & in close proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, Odigeo and Marriott so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn