our family of 4 travelled to Washington DC in early August 2012. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, it is located in "China Town" which really wasn't a town at all - but was a perfect location to park once and walk the remainder of our vacation. There were plenty of restuarants (from upscale to McDonalds) to choose from and then you could walk down to 'the mall' for sight seeing. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and the food was an added bonus. They always had coffee, tea , cold water and cookies out in the afternoons and evenings and their continental breakfast had quite a variety. There were; breakfast sandwiches, waffles, fruit, yoghurt, begals, toast ,muffins, oatmeal and a variety of cereals. We'd eat breakfast, grab an apple or something for later and be on our way. The hotel rooms were overly spacious, but for a family of four - it was enough. We weren't there for the room. The beds were comfortable and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently opened & completely renovated hotel offers comfort & convenience to the busy business traveler looking for quality & value while visiting our National’s Capital. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services & amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. 198 elegant & functional guestrooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24 hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch & dinner & offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood & in close proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn