I stayed here for one evening, its a new addition to the Fairfield inn, many DC maps indicate it as the Red Roof inn, but its hard to tell anything else was ever here. The hotel is bright, very modern, and clean. My room was a good size and very comfortable. Breakfast was the standard fare for a hotel like this, generic pre-made hot foods, plenty of continental options. Go elsewhere if you want something more than basic filler in the am.
The hotel has a small cardio fintess center in the basement, very modern equipment, just fine for a stay to get rid of some calories unless you want to go running in DC.
The area is fine, its in Chinatown so there is a little more grit but its very much in proximity to many of the cities attractions and metro stops in NorthWest.
My only complaints: I heard a fare amount of noise from outside, even being on the tenth floor, there hotel faces a fairly busy city street with buses and trucks and car traffic. Its not terrible but if your noise sensitive you should ponder requesting a room not facing the street.
Second- the cleaning person came into my room while I was still asleep before nine am, I didn't have the sign but they are too aggressive since I didn't even check out yet or pick up the bill that was still half way between my door and the hall. She did the same thing to the next room and abruptly exited after a brief knock with a second delay as she opens the door. So they have refining to do on that end of things. Good service from the front desk, hotel is secure as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our recently opened & completely renovated hotel offers comfort & convenience to the busy business traveler looking for quality & value while visiting our National’s Capital. As the only Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott located in the Washington DC city center, our hotel features a custom design package with upgraded services & amenities designed specifically with the business traveler in mind. 198 elegant & functional guestrooms offering plush bedding, LCD flat screen TVs with premium channels, spacious work desk with plug-in-panel and complimentary Wi-Fi & hard wired internet access • Complimentary expanded continental breakfast • 24 hour access fitness room and business center • The Irish Channel, on-site restaurant open for lunch & dinner & offering room service from 11am-11pm • Concierge service • Valet parking • Same-day dry cleaning service. Located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood & in close proximity to: Gallery Place/Chinatown metro (2 blocks) • Walter E. Washington Convention Center (6 blocks) • Verizon Center (2 blocks) • U.S. Capitol (1 mile) • Union Station (1 mile) • Government & association offices nearby • Airports: Reagan National (DCA) - 6.5 miles, Dulles Int'l (IAD) - 25 miles, Baltimore/Washington (BWI) - 35 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc / Downtown
- Red Roof Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Red Roof Inn