“Great hotel and amazing service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites New York Avenue

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites New York Avenue to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites New York Avenue
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 New York Ave NE, Washington DC, DC 20002 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Near Union Station)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #116 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
“Great hotel and amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed in this hotel during the 4th of July rush. The hotel was sold out but the staff and services we received was outstanding. Got room service daily and if I call for fresh towels , it would arrive within minutes. Very well organized and managed. The manager Chirag Patel was very welcoming and took care of all our needs. I do visit DC for business purposes and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Comfort Inn on New York Avenue made my stay at Washington DC a wonderful one. The staff were amazing and friendly!!! they were very helpful and didn't get annoyed with all my questions!! The breakfast place was clean and well stocked and had food that everyone in my family would be satisfied with. Our room was very clean and spacious for my kids to enjoy. Also it had everything that we wanted and even more in the room. we stayed there on the 4th of July weekend and found that it was a very convenient location.

I would defiantly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Comfort Inn on New York Avenue was a great experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was very clean and spacious. The amenities were up to date and modern. It had everything that we expected and more in the room. The breakfast was clean and well stocked.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ahmedabad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The problem was not that the staff were extremely uncooperative, rude, impolite and unbelievably mean ( i mean seriously like premeditated mean). The problem was also not that our room smelled like vomit all the time. The problem was also NOT that it is a million miles away from anything good in the city of Washington DC.

The biggest problem for me was the fact that despite booking MONTHS ago, when we arrived at the hotel after a long bus ride, back aches, extreme hunger and thirst, these guys made some silly excuse about "water leakage/ seepage" due to which apparently they had to shut down the whole of the 7th floor and this PROBLEM , miraculously disappeared within 24 hours of its start. The worst is yet to come- Their duty manager had the nerve to tell me that she had been "trying to get in touch". I mean dear GOD, how hard is it in the age of technology to get in touch with a person? EMAIL, TELEPHONE, TEXT!!!

a. Obviously they over booked and did not have the guts to look their guests squarely and simply own up to being careless and sloppy with their reservations.

b. They sent us to a sister concern hotel which was another 20 miles away from DC (we might as well have stayed in Baltimore for the night). Now this other comfort inn was WAYYYY BETTER but really far so we had to return to the sloppy comfort inn (which as i have mentioned smelled like vomit).

c. They did not even give us transport back to the city the next day and we had to spend quite a bit of cash for the ride back from ALMOST BALTIMORE to WASHINGTON DC. They grudgingly offered us a room upgrade but didn't matter because by then we were miffed, extremely inconvenienced and exasperated at the attitude of the staff.

All the restaurants/ other hotels we ate in while we stayed in DC gave bad reviews of this hotel.

I loved the city, I loved every single place I went to/ ate in and all the cab drivers I met.

But everything was ruined at the end of the day when I had to step in here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
chipatel82, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites New York Avenue, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. We pride ourselves on Customer Service, and will take your comments seriously to ensure customer satisfaction. We hope to retain your business in the future. Please feel free to contact at chirag.patel@axarmgmt.com for additional comments or concerns.
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Myself and my husband stayed at Comfort inn, Washington for 2 nights.
We were disappointed by the location, it doesn't look safe, but the staff seemed very friendly. We arrived at midnight and we were both a little peckish. The manager Raj Rathod was extremely accommodating and went and got some fruit for us. He was very helpful throughout our stay.
We had a pleasant stay, the rooms were clean and clean towels and linen.
I think it could do with changing the décor. The dark carpet and the dark furniture was unwelcoming.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Auckland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We choose this hotel because I have used Comfort Inns through out the states and always been very satisfied. I made a big mistake in not checking a) Location [I usually do a virtual 'google map' walk around the area and b) not looking at Trip Advisor for reviews something I usually always do. It was the last stay in our month long trip across the States and proved a disappointment. I have written to Choice Hotels and they have passed my complaint onto the hotel.

As previously stated it is not a good location and being 3 females on our own would not venture out after dark - one of us even was not sure about going down one level and along the corridor to the vending machine!

The shuttle was 80% good and very handy to get you to Union Street Station but at one point my daughter who had rung up for the shuttle and was there on time had to wait over an hour, in the dark, outside the station before it arrived. She insisted on seeing the manager and complaining when she got back - not made any easier by the staff insisting he was busy!

I am sure for the money there must be better places in Washington?

However I must stay 90% of the staff were very friendly and did try to help.

Oh nearly forgot I drew the straw for sleeping on the pull down sofa bed - they be sloped from the head to the feet at about a 30% angle! I did complain but nothing was done about it but seeing as were there for only 3 nights I suppose they did not consider it worth the effort to try and fix.

My advice is look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Location is very bad, also not a safe area. Carpets are dirty.Train goes by right behind the building every half an hour...it disturbs your sleep. Staff was very nice, but I did not like the location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites New York Avenue? Share your experiences!