“DON'T DO IT !!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Washington

and 1 more site!
You added Quality Inn Washington to your Saves list
Quality Inn Washington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   501 New York Ave NE, Washington DC, DC 20002 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #128 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
“DON'T DO IT !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I arrived at the hotel during a "HEAT WAVE" over 100 degrees and the AC was not working in the room.Maintenance finally came and we insisted he replace the AC, which he did. There was a " ROACH" in the bathroom & "COCKROACH" in the bedroom.No refrig,iron or microwave. We wouldn't stay again even if the room was free. LEE from Philly

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This place is okay if you're looking for cheap. The area is sketchy and noisy and there isn't much in the way of food that you can walk to easily. I was blown away by the smell of mold as soon as I walked into my room. The mold wasn't visible but it was definitely there. I got a sinus infection and headaches because of it. The carpet is in bad need of replacing. Walls and doors were very dirty. The refrigerator and microwave can not be plugged in at the same time. The positive note on this place is that the staff I encountered was friendly. The manager.. not so friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

If you ever want to claim you've stayed in the crappiest hotel in Washington Metropolitan Area, this is the place to go:

1. We checked two different rooms, seems they all smell disgusting. Very old (as are the pictures by the owner), shabby and not very clean. Noise and cigarette burns in bed sheets complete the offering.
2. Yes, the service is pretty bad. But honestly, I would probably be as bad as they were if I would work there every day.
3. An obviously disturbed guy (drunken, stoned, whatever) started shouting outside and knocking at our door. It took quite some time until the guy at front desk came and took somehow care of it.
4. We didn't even try the food... but based on experience gleaned so far I fear the worst. 5. After the first night we left immediately in the morning for another hotel close to UDC metro station. By far the better solution and it was even a bit cheaper.

I therefore personally recommend: Go somewhere else!

PS. If somebody should stay there mistakenly, please upload photos if you have some.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
lynchburg, va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

This hotel is a $9 cab ride to Union Station you can walk but the neighborhoods are not the best. I could not believe how nasty the rooms were, we are use to budget hotels but this place should be shut down. The bed sheets were ripped up, room was very small and moldy. But the worst part was we did not feel safe here, especially on the first floor. When we got to the door their was a man going threw the trash outside our door and yelling.You would be better staying further out from DC and taking the metro.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor, you will not sleep any.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Farnham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I thankfully only spent one night in this Inn: Th room was okay-pretty standard for this type of budget chain, however, the worst thing was the poor location , and really, one should only consider it as a place to stay if arriving by car, as it's not easily accessible on foot, as you have to negotiate a warehouse area to get to it(the sidewalk on the main road is closed off for construction work). NE Washington is a relatively poor area, there's a lot of litter about , and the main highway outside sees vehicles thundering past, so take care when entering or leaving the parking lot. The staff were fine, but there was a bit of a shock when I arrived down for breakfast at 09.45 am and there was no food or coffee left. Maybe they should only offer "complimentary" breakfasts if they can actually meet the baseline requirement of providing food ? Most other placed-even budget hotels-have a breakfast on from 06.00 to 10.00am , but this Inn only serves until 09.00am. Overall, not a place i'd recommend o anyone, I think prospective guests would be better off paying and extra $30 or $40 dollars to stay somewhere decent if they are going to the expense of staying in DC?

Room Tip: If you must stay here, insist on viewing your room before signing in.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We turned up at this budget hotel not expecting great things, it was more somewhere just to sleep. We turned up though and there were people knocking on peoples bedroom doors, the neighbourhood looked disturbing and we thought better of it.... decided to change our booking and move into the comfort inn in fairfax which I have also reviewed.

The members of staff would not even show us a room until we agreed to stay there ... basically, only stay here if you really have to.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

My boyfriend and i recently took a mini vacation to dc for three days and we booked with this hotel. From the start we knew this hotel was a mess. The hotel clerk asked if we had another card and I didnt know y. Money was not an issue, but he prosisted i go get cash out of the ATM cause my card wouldn't work. I got the cash(cause my card was fine) and he apparenty said tax was 30 dollars! Check in and room was gross! Dirty tub,blankets,dusty lamps,stained chair,door had a inch and half crack when closed! Beds r hard and pillows small! Won't stay there and I rec. U dont!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Washington? Share your experiences!