“Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol

You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol
Ranked #81 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
California
“Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The beds are comfortable, the location is right next door to Metro. I would definitely stay here again. Even though I enjoyed the location and the amenities, what was awesome was that every staff member I encountered was very helpful - the staff made the stay!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Westlake, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Had to stay here as registered late for national convention held at Convention center. This is 7 minutes by taxi to Convention center. Walking at least at night is not something I would as there are still some intervening dicey areas. The room was functional as was the bathroom. and comfortable. You can hear the subway all night if you area sound-sensitive person. The bar seemed nice but I didn't get a chance to go there. I know this is DC so the prices are high for hotels but what I paid was not worth it. It is right next to the metro stop. One more word to the wise if you stay here-the published address if you (or your cabbie who these days DO NOT know the city very well) use GPS such as google maps you will not arrive at this hotel but some construction site. Either tell them it is next to the Gaulladettte subway stop or call the hotel and they will give you the functional address. Also be careful which taxi the bellhop puts you in.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
mike w, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for staying with us and for your review of our hotel. We are glad that your convention led you to discover our hotel. We are sorry that your schedule did not allow you to try our Bistro Bar...it's truly a rewarding experience!

We hope to see you again if your travels lead you to the Washington DC area!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had booked this hotel for short Christmas Vacation to Washington DC. I got a good deal for 2 nights three days for two double beds.

I choose this hotel as it is less than 1 min from train station(yes it takes 40 secs to walk to the train station), 1 station away from union station and inside the downtown vicinity.

Our checkin was around noon time, we were in the city by 9AM and they allowed us to checkin e hrs prior without charging any extra amount. This was really appreciated. The stay at the hotel was comfortable and our other requests were taken care of.

The breakfast option available at hotel was ok, I thought if they had more options that would have been better. Still the staff took care to prepare the veg sandwhich as I wanted.

Overall its a good stay and we had a good experience.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel. What a nice surprise to read new feedback from a December experience! We are glad you enjoyed our location and proximity to the Metro

We would love to stay connected and be part of a future visit to the area!

Iselin, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My first time staying at a Marriott. I enjoyed my stay fo the most part. The beds were very comfortable. Pillows were a bit soft. Tend to sink in, not good if you like a firm pillow. Tv only had a few channels. I found out near us leaving that our min fridge didn't work. (Felt it wasn't a big deal as we were leaving soon). Room was a nice size. Very clean. Bathroom with tub with nice. There is no hair dryer. This is the first hotel I stayed in without one. Our room was next to the train tracks, trains not too lound. Restaurant was good. Pool was good too, not much to it. Just a in door pool, same depth around. Nice way to relax after a day of site seeing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the tracks, if train noise bother you.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments - we value all feedback and regularly consider comments such as this to make improvements in our operation.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the bed comfortable. I am sorry to see that your fridge did not work - if you email me privately at cy.wasus.gm@marriott.com, I would appreciate knowing the room # so that I can address this in greater detail. Also - this would help me address the placement of our hairdryers. We have found that some guests overlook their placement and we are looking for ways to improve that.

We hope to stay connected with you in the future and welcoming you back to another memorable Marriott stay!

Mike Wilson
Nuevo, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming. Although the hotel is conveniently located very close to the Red Line it is not in the best part of town. There is a 7-11 next door that attracts alot of homeless people and you cannot walk from the hotel to the Metro station without being asked for money multiple times. Another drawback is how close the hotel is to the train tracks. Many of the rooms face directly out toward the tracks. Although the sound proofing is pretty good you can still hear the trains if you are a light sleeper.

The AC in the room was an old unit that ran very loud and inefficient. We had it on full blast the entire stay and the room never cooled below 73 degrees. I reported the issue to maintenance but saw no improvement. As I said before the staff were all very friendly and willing to help but the hotel itself does have a number of drawbacks.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
mike w, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your review and feedback on our dedicated associates. We are glad you enjoyed our location and it served you well. I am sorry you experienced some noise during your visit - took note of the loud AC so that we could test different solutions to fix that particular unit.

We hope to see you again in future visits!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is in a super location, directly next to the metro line and within walking distance to restaurants. The room was clean, there is an indoor pool and workout room and best of all (I think) was the coin operated laundry. Many hotels do not offer this amentity and my family and I have taken to traveling light what with so many airlines charging for carry-on luggage these days. My 10-year-old son was completely enchanted with DC which means we will have to return soon and we wouldn't hesitate to book this Marriott again.

Room Tip: If you like urban views then any room should do.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on our terrific location - being close to restaurants and the metro is certainly helpful! Our Housekeeping Associates will celebrate your comments about our cleanliness...they work very hard to maintain our high standards.

We appreciate the trust you have given us with your family's experience - we love meeting kids of all ages!

The entire team hopes you will stay connected with us and return to see more of our amazing city.

Safe travels

Medellin, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location is perfect. You will find stores and fast food restaurants close to the hotel.The metro station is contiguos to the hotel. The land marks are at a 20 minutes walk. The room is very comfortable, and they allways keep it clean. Good wi-fi. Staff very nice, but don´t speak spanish.

Room Tip: At a room facing New York av. you don´t even notice the metro noise.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
mike w, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the review and comments about our location. We are always excited to read reviews where guests rave about our location, clean rooms and memorable service. I am surprised you did not connect with any Spanish speaking associates - we have aroun 10-12 associates that are fluent. I am sorry none were available when you had a need.

I hope we can stay connected and see you again in the future.

Mike Wilson

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol? Share your experiences!