This review will be divided into two parts: The Super-Dupers (good things) and The Okey-Dokeys (areas for improvement - i.e. watch for these before booking)
The service at this place is immaculate. Anywhere we went we were greeted with a smile, and a 'how are you'. The staff were helpful, attentive and friendly. We only had two minor issues with our room (couldn't open the safe, and room key didn't work once) - but these were solved within minutes.
We had a spacious king-size bedroom, with a couch, coffee table, desk, armoir, TV stand and a large hallway area. It was very roomy. Everything was spotless clean and in working condition. The bed was firm but not too firm, the pillows were good, we had good night's sleeps for the entire stay (more on this later). There were extra pillows and blankets. The TV had lots of channels to choose from. The room (544) had two huge windows (corner room), so it was nice and light. The bathroom was spotless clean and the shower had a big shower head with good water pressure. Shampoo, conditioner and two soaps were provided. There was an iron, ironing board and blow dryer as well.
Location of this hotel can be thought of as both good and just ok. It's good because it's literally right next to the train tracks, and the metro station. So, it's very easily accessible by metro (red line). It's located in the Noma neighbourhood, which seems to be mainly residential and business district. It's also good because it's close to (4 min walk) to two Capital Bike Share locations, if one is inclined to bike around the city. It takes about 20 minutes by bike to the National Mall (Capitol building), 20-25 minutes to Dupont Circle, and about 15 to Adams Morgan neighbourhood. It's by no means bad, since it's accessible easily, but it's not walking distance from the National Mall.
Free and no password required!
Location is also on the Okey-Dokey section, precisely because it's thisclose to the train tracks, so depending on where one's room is, it can be noisy. We always bring ear plugs with us anywhere we go, so these saved us and despite our room directly facing the train tracks, we still had a good night's sleep every night. The trains are not constant as this metro station is not one of the main ones, but it may be a problem for light sleepers. To avoid this, one may want to request a room facing towards the street, away from the tracks, and on upper floors.
This is the only 'bad' thing about this hotel.
There is a pool in the hotel (we saw some people in swimsuits, but didn't go in ourselves). There is an a la carte breakfast in the lobby. There is a computer and a printer for printing boarding passes in the lobby. There is a 7-Eleven right outside the hotel, and several cafes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel located one metro rail stop from Union Station, the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak train. Within easy reach of US Capitol, National Mall and The Whitehouse, use this hotel as your launch pad and enjoy the sights and sounds of Washington. Hotel amenities include The Bistro, free wi-fi, pool, GoBoard, and 24 hour business and print center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc