The rooms in the Marriott style is the only positive of our stay at the hotel:
1- the attention from the reception staff was poor. Upon arrival and during check in we asked if the group had breakfast included, the answer was "all the information is in the papers provided". Cool!
2- breakfast arranged for the group was poor and miserable, constantly missing basic things like butter, plastic crockery, etc. despite we were paying 180 dollars per night.
3- noise was constant from trains if your room is in the rear, as trains circulate all night.
4- we had two incidents at the reception as they use to call pirate taxi services. In the first one we asked for a taxi at reception and the taxi called was pirate so a tax inspector appeared and made a report in situ, so we had a bad experience and lost half an hour. In the second incident, the day departing to the airport, we also asked for a taxi at the reception. When we arrived to airport and asked for a ticket the driver couldn't provide one...another taxi pirate paying some kind of commission to the hotel staff.
Definitively a hotel to not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel located one metro rail stop from Union Station, the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak train. Within easy reach of US Capitol, National Mall and The Whitehouse, use this hotel as your launch pad and enjoy the sights and sounds of Washington. Hotel amenities include The Bistro, free wi-fi, pool, GoBoard, and 24 hour business and print center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc