Our room was nice, the bathroom was well kept and clean, the beds are very comfortable, the free WiFi works perfectly. The receptionist at the lobby was very helpful and friendly. All in all, a nice experience regarding the stay at the hotel. The thing I did not like was the fact that the lobby is located on the second floor. The entrance to the hotel on the ground floor is a small and not very good looking reception hall, not necessarily very well kept, leading to the elevators. Anyway, once you get to the second floor, things do get better.
The problem with the hotel has to do with the location. It has pros, it has cons.
Yes, you do a have a metro station a couple of steps away, plus a 7-Eleven next door, and a Five Guys and other places to eat just across the street. But the look and feel of the area may make you feel uncomfortable, even quite uncomfortable, especially at night. It certainly detracts from the overall experience.
Pros: Nice rooms, clean bathrooms, friendly staff, location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel located one metro rail stop from Union Station, the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak train. Within easy reach of US Capitol, National Mall and The Whitehouse, use this hotel as your launch pad and enjoy the sights and sounds of Washington. Hotel amenities include The Bistro, free wi-fi, pool, GoBoard, and 24 hour business and print center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc