“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol

You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol
Ranked #86 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friends and I went on a girls trip and stayed at this hotel. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and helpful. The assistant manager, Micah was awesome! He was very professional, helpful and truly made our experience great! The bartender, Amanuel makes the best drinks so be sure to stop by during happy hour! Overall, our experience was one of the best experiences I've had visiting a hotel and will defintley stay there again! Micah truly cares about the customers and works hard to ensure thier happiness!!!! :)

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the larger rooms!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. – Chris Zanzano, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The rooms are nice and large, the internet works great, the subway station is only 1 minute away.
Like others have mentioned there are train tracks right behind the hotel, it didn't bother me, I slept very well, the windows are sound proof.
The 7 eleven next door was so convenient.
It's a great hotel if you want to stay away from downtown, but still have an easy access to everything by subway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback about your experience at the Courtyard US Capitol. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality and accommodations. We look forward to seeing you next time you travel to DC. – Chris Zanzano, General Manager
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and had a good time. The hotel's location is convenient as it is about 1min's walk from the NoMa stop of the MetroRail. Also, there are two bikeshare stations nearby if you choose to move around town with those. The exercise room is small, but good and the pool next to it seemed nice enough as well. We did not have breakfast there so can't comment on that. The room was spacious and everything was clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write comments about your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the service we provided and the neighborhood around the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager
St.Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Second time I've stayed here in the last year. Very friendly staff, free wi-fi, 2 minute walk from Metro Red LIne, 1 station from US Capitol. Also has small library with books re fun things to do in DC.

No security problems whatever.
You can pay a LOT more in DC, and I'm not sure I'd walk many blocks in this neighborhood, which is changing for the better. But getting from hotel to Metro is fine - literally half a block (hint, take Florida Av exit from Metro to cut your walk by 1/2)

Had 1 dinner at 5 Guys which is across the street; there is a convenience store right next to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your stay. I am delighted that you continue to return to our hotel. The NoMa neighborhood continues to be one of the fastest growing areas in DC and we are very excited for the stores that are coming into the area. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night on a business trip the week of June 23, 2013. The Metro is a block away and there is a police station around the corner. I checked in at 9:45 pm. The clerk at the check-in desk was very friendly. The check-in is on the second floor. The first floor was manned by 3 or 4 guards, who were also friendly. The neighborhood is going through a gentrification, and what appears to be a change from an idustrial/residential to commercial.

The hotel is fairly new and it is evident in the room I stayed in, the hallways and the elevators. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious, with an excellent working shower.

The ONE VERY BIZARRE requirement was the fact that guests are required to sign a document that they will be fined several hundred dollars if they make noise. This requirement and the document itself led me to think "oh boy, what kind of night am I going to be having here." Whe I inquired as to why this requirement was exstant, I was met with a blank stare and the following statement "managment requires it". That was not good enough for me, at that juncture!

Indeed, if it was earlier in the day I would have cancelled my reservation and sought out other lodging.

BUT, as it turned out everything was fine. And, upon checkout the staff was again friendly and proficient.

I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms away from construction zone on Florida and New York Avenues and on 5th floor are quieter. R...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff exceeded your expectations. The hotel utilizes the Noise Policy form on the weekend to ensure all of our guests are able to have a pleasant experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. – Chris Zanznao, General Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am a big fan of TripAdvisor & have often made hotel choices based on reviews. I was skeptical at first because of all the negative reviews that were given to this hotel. Fortunately, there were enough positive reviews for me to at least give Courtyard Washington a try. Good thing I did because the entire weekend was wonderful!

My husband & I took a quick weekend getaway for our anniversary. We jumped on Amtrak from Norfolk, VA & arrived in DC less than 5 hours later. Once we got to Union Station, we jumped on the Metro and the hotel was the next stop up. That was awesome!

We arrived early at the hotel. I would say around 11-11:30. Darnell Alexander was working the hotel front desk & he helped us tremendously! I knew we were early and I was really just going to ask him to hold our one bag until we were able to check in but Darnell took it upon himself to make us feel very welcomed & found a room available! Furthermore, he helped us all weekend with tips for the area. What a true asset he is the Marriott organization. If I encountered more people like Darnell, traveling would be an all around great experience!

The best thing about the Courtyard is the convenience to the Metro Stop. You can literally get anywhere from here within 15-20 minutes. During our stay, we went to a Washington Nationals Game, we ate dinner in Arlington, we shopped at Fashion Centre at the Pentagon City Metro Stop & did some sightseeing at The National Mall.

The biggest complaints I read about were:
1. Construction in the area. Yes, there is construction in the area. Who cares? It just might be more noticeable because you are in a .....city?? Hello. Did not affect my trip whatsoever.

2. Train Noise. Did not hear train noise but if is a big concern, request a room street side.

3. Neighborhood: I seen nothing wrong with the area. It is not as populated or there is not a lot of things to "see" but it is definitely an up & coming part of DC.

4. Reception Desk is on the 2nd Floor. Yes, the reception desk is on the 2nd Floor. Why is this even a complaint?

5. $33.00 a day to park your car. I did not have this problem because I rode in on the Amtrak train but I did know about the fee. Most hotels in DC charge a parking/valet fee & most people know about it.

All in all, if these are the biggest complaints...you're good! I highly recommend this hotel and I am looking forward to booking another stay in the late fall/early winter.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay. I have shared the great comments about Darrell with the entire team. I am very happy everyone made you feel welcome and you enjoyed your anniversary weekend in DC. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to DC. – Chris Zanzano, General Manger
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. The location is in an up and coming section of town that is being transformed by various federal offices coming and building in the area. There are new restaurants that are open in the area as well as a Bon Pain two doors down. It is a stone throw away from the Metro stop which is a convenient way to get around and see things in DC. There are always people out and about so I never felt afraid as a woman traveller. The rooms were nice although there was a strange odor that I couldn't quite figure out...nothing to chase me out of the room, but enough for me to faintly notice. Overall I liked the hotel and will continue to stay here when I travel on business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comment and we look forward to welcoming you back! – Chris Zanzano, General Manger

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol? Share your experiences!