“Great friendly staff, reasonable price, nice hotel, great stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1325 2nd Street NE, Washington DC, DC 20002   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 20% In DC
Ranked #87 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
“Great friendly staff, reasonable price, nice hotel, great stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights here and traveled alone for a school related interview. I arrived on thurs (4/12/13). First off the hotel is very nice and modern. I was greeted with a nice staff member that advised me check-in was on the second floor. Check in was nice and quick. I liked how they had a little office area with computers and printers in the lobby. (I was able to print my boarding pass). The bistro is also on the second floor and I ordered dinner there all 3 nights. The staff at the bistro had excellent customer service. The food was surprisingly reasonably priced as most hotel foods arent and also very good. I had the chedder french dip, spinach dip, and two different soups. The rooms were nice, there was free wifi, and i had a frontview. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I felt very safe-as I am a young woman all the way from the OC traveling alone. I did not take the metro but it was 2 minutes walking distance away. I took the taxi instead and they were so nice calling me a cab each time. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2013
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for the great review! I am happy that our hotel provided a wonderful experience for you during your interview. I am glad that you enjoyed the Bistro Bar and the business center. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

When in DC, what better than not having to rent a car and save bucks on parking fees which are really hefty in DC and so are they at this hotel too so avoid renting a car if possible, as the Metro runs right underneath this hotel and DC metro can take u anywhere so u can skip the car.
The location is good from the metro perspective but otherwise its a deserted area with nothing much to do besides coulpe of small Sushi places and a BK. Not a good place to walk around either. The hotel comparatively is nice and contemporary, lobby is great - guess they are updating all Courtyard's lobby look like this. Therez a huge gadgety touchscreen TV thru which u can locate attractions, restaurants etc. not seen in any other hotel brand. Therez a nice lobby bar and a restaurant, overall making it a decent place to grab a quick bite / beer.
Rooms were decently sized too overlooking the rail tracks which was the only dampener but then none of the rooms have a view of sorts so you dont have any choice there.
So book it if you grab a deal on priceline/opaque sites for that is where you are bound to go in the pricey DC market.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review! I am happy that our close proximity to the metro allowed you to easily travel around the city and not worry about a car. The Go-Board in the lobby continues to allow guest to easily get directions to attractions, check flight status as well as weather and many other features. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in DC! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Everything was amazing at this place. The customer service, cleanliness, location...everything! It was all great! The Metro was right next door! There was plenty of food around, no matter what we were in the mood for. We have stayed there twice and it will definitely be the place we return to if we go back to DC!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the excellent review! I truly appreciate your return business. I am very happy that the hotel continues to work for you when traveling to DC. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

One mile walk from Union station. Abundant eateries within 1 block walk. Supermarket within 2 block walk that has extensive deli and salad bar, much cheaper wine and beer than any other place you would find in DC as a tourist. It is right on the metro, out the door and twenty steps down. There is a convenience store next door. But, you may never need any of those things. The staff is super and friendly, they have a restaurant and bar, pool and workout room. The building is super secure and relatively quiet for downtown D.C.

Room Tip: I always choose higher floors when in busy cities, to reduce the noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! I am very happy that you enjoyed the location and the amenities of the NoMa neighborhood. We look forward to welcoming you back. – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed for only 1 night as I was in DC for the interview of a lifetime. I had already spent a lot of money on my flight and couldn't stomach the average $300/night price tags on other major hotel chains in the city. I found a great deal on this hotel through Kayak. I was a little concerned over past reviews about the construction noise and shady location. These were non-issues during my stay.

First of all, the location is great...a mere 1 minute max walk from the NOMA metro stop. I did get back to my room after dark and was a bit worried but there were quite a few metro police hanging at the stop and the area is very well lit and I never once felt unsafe.

I arrived at 1:30 well before the check-in time and it was not an issue. I was given keys to my room right away. I had a VERY large and spacious corner room that did face both the train tracks and the massive building being erected next door. Yes, during the day the construction can be heard, along with other standard "city noise." So that could be an issue if you were going to be sleeping during the day for some reason. The construction did start up again at 7am but I was up well before that.

My room was immaculate. It was clean, updated, spacious, and I found the bed to be very comfortable. I needed a great night's sleep and I had no problem getting one.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again should I be back in DC for holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive review and great recommendation! I hope your interview went well and we look forward to welcoming you back over the holidays! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was looking for a hotel for my 10 year old granddaughter and I to stay in Washington DC. After reading countless reviews of hotels and looking at their prices, I choose this one. Best decision about our trip. Safe, very clean, reasonably priced and centrally located to get around. Once we figured out the Metro which is few steps away, we got around town like pros. 7-Eleven and Au Bon Pain which are both next to the hotel were great conveniences. The staff was very eager to help and efficient. They helped us book a tour to Mt. Vernon at the last minute. I wondered what Mandi S' complaint about the hairdryer was. I didn't think there was one, until I discovered it in a black bag inside a black wood stand in the bathroom.

Room Tip: You are not going to spend a lot of time in the room, and you are too tired to worry about noise whe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you and your granddaughter had a wonderful vacation in DC. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the neighborhood around the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great Service (a #1 priority with me!), great amnities, convenient to Metro and restaurants! Only complaint is the hair dryer and if that is the only thing to fuss about, then I'm being to high maintenance!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the review about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that our service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol? Share your experiences!