“All this and price too.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1325 2nd Street NE, Washington DC, DC 20002   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #83 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“All this and price too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

One mile walk from Union station. Abundant eateries within 1 block walk. Supermarket within 2 block walk that has extensive deli and salad bar, much cheaper wine and beer than any other place you would find in DC as a tourist. It is right on the metro, out the door and twenty steps down. There is a convenience store next door. But, you may never need any of those things. The staff is super and friendly, they have a restaurant and bar, pool and workout room. The building is super secure and relatively quiet for downtown D.C.

Room Tip: I always choose higher floors when in busy cities, to reduce the noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for the great review! I am very happy that you enjoyed the location and the amenities of the NoMa neighborhood. We look forward to welcoming you back. – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed for only 1 night as I was in DC for the interview of a lifetime. I had already spent a lot of money on my flight and couldn't stomach the average $300/night price tags on other major hotel chains in the city. I found a great deal on this hotel through Kayak. I was a little concerned over past reviews about the construction noise and shady location. These were non-issues during my stay.

First of all, the location is great...a mere 1 minute max walk from the NOMA metro stop. I did get back to my room after dark and was a bit worried but there were quite a few metro police hanging at the stop and the area is very well lit and I never once felt unsafe.

I arrived at 1:30 well before the check-in time and it was not an issue. I was given keys to my room right away. I had a VERY large and spacious corner room that did face both the train tracks and the massive building being erected next door. Yes, during the day the construction can be heard, along with other standard "city noise." So that could be an issue if you were going to be sleeping during the day for some reason. The construction did start up again at 7am but I was up well before that.

My room was immaculate. It was clean, updated, spacious, and I found the bed to be very comfortable. I needed a great night's sleep and I had no problem getting one.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again should I be back in DC for holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive review and great recommendation! I hope your interview went well and we look forward to welcoming you back over the holidays! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was looking for a hotel for my 10 year old granddaughter and I to stay in Washington DC. After reading countless reviews of hotels and looking at their prices, I choose this one. Best decision about our trip. Safe, very clean, reasonably priced and centrally located to get around. Once we figured out the Metro which is few steps away, we got around town like pros. 7-Eleven and Au Bon Pain which are both next to the hotel were great conveniences. The staff was very eager to help and efficient. They helped us book a tour to Mt. Vernon at the last minute. I wondered what Mandi S' complaint about the hairdryer was. I didn't think there was one, until I discovered it in a black bag inside a black wood stand in the bathroom.

Room Tip: You are not going to spend a lot of time in the room, and you are too tired to worry about noise whe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you and your granddaughter had a wonderful vacation in DC. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the neighborhood around the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great Service (a #1 priority with me!), great amnities, convenient to Metro and restaurants! Only complaint is the hair dryer and if that is the only thing to fuss about, then I'm being to high maintenance!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the review about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that our service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
North Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Washington for two nights 03/28- 03/30/2013. The location was great if you plan on doing a lot of sight seeing and need access to the Metro. It was very difficult to find the hotel in the first place, because it is on a small alley with construction and one-way streets all around it - but once found, it was really nice. There is valet only parking and the valet was very pleasant. But keep in mind, once you turn over your car, you're not seeing it again until you check out -

The room was adequate and clean - the bathroom was clean and everything was neat. Check-in was a breeze. The nicest feature was the location. Even though hard to find the "alley" had everything you'd want close by. The metro was a mere 30 feet from the hotel, there is a 7Eleven for room snacks, an Au Bon Pan for a quick bite, and a 5 Guys Burgers and fries across the street. There was also a yogurt and sandwich place but we didn't make it there.

We did not venture out after dark because I had my young daughter with me and I had heard of possible issues in the area - but to grab access to the Metro and cheap - but good - eats. It was perfect for our sight seeing needs.

Pool and fitness room were small, but again adequate for our budget and needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! I am happy that our location and close proximity to the metro provided a wonderful experience for you and daughter to enjoy the city. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in DC! – Chris Zanzano, General Manager.
Parma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nice impersonal hotel in washington..everything nice but nothing special.
Valet parking not cheap. No breakfast nor restaurant.
Room not that big with common facilities.
In complex it was an average hotel but it was functional to our needs

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for the review. The hotel does feature a Bistro restaurant located in our lobby. The Bistro serves breakfast and dinner seven days a week and offers room service in the evening. Thank you for choosing to stay with Marriott and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. – Chris Zanzano, General Manger
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stay in many hotels especially Marriott properties and I have to say the staff at this Hotel was one of the best I have dealt with over my years of Travel. The Front desk staff went out of their way to ensure that I had a good room and they helped me in finding space to Perform interviews. Thomas, Tony, Darrell and Mike were on top of each request I had and made sure that things went smoothly for my stay. Thanks to them I was able to interview candidates without issue and able to find some good food for lunch. When you travel a great deal it is nice to know that people are willing to go out of their way to help their guests. Great job. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable and the Gym was small but clean as well. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you the outstanding review about your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that the entire team exceeded all of your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty and commitment to Marriott. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to DC! – Chris Zanzano, General Manger

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol? Share your experiences!