This apparently is a rapidly changing area very near Galladet University. There is LOTS of construction going on. I thought several times before booking here based on concerns others raised. NO problems whatever. I am very conscious of safety issues and see no problems with staying here. Can't talk about taking a 20-25 minute run or walk in the area. But the hotel is literally 30 seconds away from a Red LIne Metro Stop. A 7-11 is next store and several casual chain restaurants.
Free wi-fi that worked very well. I would have NO problem bringing a family here...as of March 2013 prices are well below what you'd find for similar quality in Alexandria or Arlington VA. Just before I checked in, another person checked in on business. He comes to DC regularly and told me he thinks this is "one of the best hotel bargains in the city." I agree.
This is not a super luxury hotel. But it is very pleasant for business people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel located one metro rail stop from Union Station, the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak train. Within easy reach of US Capitol, National Mall and The Whitehouse, use this hotel as your launch pad and enjoy the sights and sounds of Washington. Hotel amenities include The Bistro, free wi-fi, pool, GoBoard, and 24 hour business and print center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc