I chose this hotel as it was cheaper than the majority of hotels in DC, it's outside of the centre but right beside the metro and only two stops to union station. Since I knew I would be using the metro for the majority of sights, the location was perfect. There is burger diner across the road which looks cheap but great burgers. There's not a lot in the area. There is a gym and pool in the hotel but very small. Limited bar menu. Internet available in reception with free printing. Rooms were good size and clean. I did need to change the room the first night as the air conditioning was very loud but no hassle changing.
Note for visiting the white house and the pentagon you do need to arrange this weeks in advance, I tried two weeks before but was told it was too late by the Irish embassy.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel located one metro rail stop from Union Station, the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak train. Within easy reach of US Capitol, National Mall and The Whitehouse, use this hotel as your launch pad and enjoy the sights and sounds of Washington. Hotel amenities include The Bistro, free wi-fi, pool, GoBoard, and 24 hour business and print center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Courtyard Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.