Stayed at the Courtyard while visiting our daughter who lives a few blocks away. As you will see by the photos, parking is a difficult situation with only valet (which I hate) and expensive (which I hate even more). Luckily, we were able to park at our daughter's place so we dodged the bullet on parking.
The location is pretty good as I indicated but there is a lot of construction going on right there. Of course they stop work at night so it was never an issue. Perhaps best of all for the location is the Metro station basically attached. Right next to the ground floor entry is a 7-11 which is just perfect to get coffee in the morning. There is a Starbucks in the 2nd floor hotel lobby however I think it is nasty so I was happy to avoid the sludge.
The service was average as expected. The room was what you expect, nothing fancy. There was a small refrigerator and a coffee maker, neither of which we used. No safe in the room which seemed highly unusual especially for such an inner city setting. Short walk to Union station. We Paid $139 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New hotel located one metro rail stop from Union Station, the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak train. Within easy reach of US Capitol, National Mall and The Whitehouse, use this hotel as your launch pad and enjoy the sights and sounds of Washington. Hotel amenities include The Bistro, free wi-fi, pool, GoBoard, and 24 hour business and print center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Washington, DC / U.S. Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington, Dc / u.s. Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc