“Nice hotel in a convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel

You added Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 14th St. NW, 14th and K Street, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #66 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Wisconsin
“Nice hotel in a convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

The Crowne Plaza Hamilton was an enjoyable place to stay while in D.C. It is conveniently located one block from a Metro stop making travel to area attractions a piece of cake. Our room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The room was very quiet despite the street below being very busy due to a popular establishment. There is a Starbucks attached to the lobby for that morning cup of coffee. There is a nice restaurant and lounge in the lobby as well. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Really disappointed with the place I would not go back. The hunger for tips is over the normal, the room is as small as it can get and yes, it is a noisy location. Especially a problem if you travel with children as the hotel seems to be used as a motel by young couples visiting the nearby nightclubs.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Short Hills, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

Clean spacious rooms, tastefully decorated. The noise from the street did not bother me. I slept better and longer than usual because the blinds have a clip attached to them so there are no gaps when they close, I could completely shut out any light. Wireless internet worked well, I was able to connect to work.
Because I was in DC only 2 weeks ago - I stayed at the Sofitel during my last visit- I feel compelled to compare the two hotels. The Hamilton is probably a better value. The room service food is not as good as at the Sofitel, but it is still decent and slightly cheaper. The Hamilton has a buffet breakfast which the Sofitel does not. Service was top notch. Coffee was hot every morning, not luke warm. Housekeeping was very good. Overall a comfortable stay. I would come back here on business.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Westlake, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

I had a room on the 3rd floor looking out to an alley and about 40 feet away an office building which could right into my room. So I had the drapes closed the entire stay. The room was small and bathroom small. The room had no space for a coffee maker. The room was very clean and comfortable...and noisy. They did provide earplugs...

Best thing about the hotel is the location. Near all the DC sights and right by the Metro stop.

Overall a nice clean and comfortable place. Just wish it were a little larger and quieter.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Overall our hotel experience was very good. The day we arrived everyone was very helpful but we were tired from walking and just wanted to eat at the hotel restaurant. My wife called downstairs to check the dress code of the 14K Lounge Restaurant and was told it was "casual." My wife asked if we could wear shorts and was told everyone else would be wearing suits. We felt by the tone of the maitre'd that we were not welcome despite the fact that we were paying $300 a night to stay in the hotel.

Everything was clean..beds comfortable. Convenience to historical sites is good...but don't expect to find very many places to eat nearby because it is in a business district and the restaurants all have similar dress codes. We would stay there again, but would bring the suit the next time

High Wycombe, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

this hotel had some mixed reviews on Tripadvisor - mainly complaints about noise so i was a little apprehensive how it was going to turn out. We had booked on Hotwire and got a good rate. The lobby is lovely - very old school i would say and we had a nice welcome from the receptionist. The room was on the 6th floor, was a little small, but you are in a city and that is what happens. We came to Washington to sight see and this location was perfect, we walked everywhere. I would definatley recommend the city bike tour we did which covered off nearly all the sites in one hit and saved lots of walking. The hotel was not noisy when we were there, traffic was noisy on the Saturday night - horns etc but i think something was going on - some kind of event...
would definately recommend this place as a good base.

CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

I stayed at the Hamilton Crowne Plaza for a conference and really enjoyed my stay. I loved the location and the feel of this hotel. The rooms were a very nice surprise because they were spacious and comfortable. The sink space in the bathroom was limited but my colleague's room on the 12th floor had more sink space and she lucked out and had a corner room so the view and natural sunlight from 2 sides was really wonderful. My room's view was of another building but I really enjoyed my stay and the helpful and friendly attitude of the staff there. The restaurant was another big plus because the food and service was excellent and we enjoyed sitting outdoors although there was also indoor seating.

It was great to walk to various restaurants and sights during our stay...we easily walked to Washington Monument, the Capitol, Chinatown, etc. My favorite restaurant was Old Ebbit's Grill and we also enjoyed Las Tasca's ( a tappas restaurant in Chinatown).

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone, I enjoyed it more than the Grand Hyatt where I stayed last time while in DC. My only complaint would be the noisy trash pick-up in the mornings outside on the street but this is a city so I would definately stay at Hamilton Crowne Plaza my next visit.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!