“Good location but ends there” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Twelve & K Hotel Washington DC

You added Twelve & K Hotel Washington DC to your Saves list
Twelve & K Hotel Washington DC
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 K. Street, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20005 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Ranked #107 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good location but ends there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015 via mobile

We were in Washington for a couple of day's sightseeing and this hotel met our requirements in terms of location. It was only 10 minutes walk to the Capitol so we paid the extra for the location as it was above our usual hotel price range for a One night stop-over for sightseeing.

On the face of it, this is a high-end hotel with nice linen, beautiful bathrooms, etc.

However, our rooms on the second to top floor were extremely noisy from the boiler/air con unit on top of the building and we slept really badly.

We were then faced with a very embarrassing situation at breakfast, which we had been told was included, only to be told there was only one breakfast per room included. On reading the fine print, that was indeed the case, but I would expect the staff to draw customers attention to this strange restriction before allowing them to enjoy the breakfast buffet. Quite frankly it was embarrassing for us, and the staff to have to quibble over payment for a second breakfast when we had paid for a double room!!! Bizarre!!!! It felt like a well-rehearsed con!!! Eventually they gave me both breakfasts for free but it left a sour taste in the mouth.

The parking was also ridiculously steep so beware!!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lititz, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

This hotel is only a short walk from: The Capitol, The Smithsonians, the National Mall and all of it's memorials, the hockey/basketball arena, the Holocaust Museum, etc. It is very clean, and very affordable (then again I came down during the off-season). You did have to pay $50 to park overnight, and it was valet-only... keep that in mind. The room was fine - nothing spectacular, but we weren't here to stay in the room - we were here to explore. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

I stayed here with a friend last weekend for another friend's wedding.
I have no complaints- I believe you get what you pay for, and my experience holds true to that saying.
Twelve and K is a hand-over from Sheraton, I believe. Sometimes that equates with a full remodel, but sometimes it doesn't and in this case I suspect the latter.
The room was basic- clean but small, and the standard tiny hotel bathroom.
The lobby appeared more updated, but honestly I spent very little time there so I made no close inspection.
It was well-located from where we needed to be, and not far at all from Metro, food, and basic shopping.
Most importantly, it was competitively priced against the newer, more upscale hotels in the area.
Worked for me, no regrets!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

I was notified of the hotel closing for renovations in mid December early this morning, one month out from renovation and my reservation. A reservation that I had made almost a year ago.
I made peace with the fact that this hotel had changed hands, as my reservation was going to be honored.
I am still waiting on a refund for my prepaid room, which I probably would not have been given to me if I did not ask for it.
While I have not stayed here, after this experience I would not recommend to anyone traveling to Washington DC.

Stayed November 2014
SOUTH JORDAN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

If I were going into DC again I would not stay at this hotel.
I have always stayed in the burbs of DC and was very disappointed with room and price.
Person in our group had roaches in his room. The hotel did not charge him for the room but it still is what it is,,,roaches!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Salt lake, ut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Was booked here as part of a conference I just attended. It really was a surreal experience. The bathroom was a mess with dirt and mildew present all around the small tub. The room had cockroaches galore, and a staff that was uncaring at best!! The cost was over $300 a night with an additional $50 thrown in on top of that for parking, with valets that were impossible to find when you actually needed your car. The rooms, especially the bathrooms were outdated and dingy. Could not even find an Advil in the gift shop. This place was recently renamed, and I expect to see new ownership again soon at this place. Avoid at all costs!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

The hotel is convenient to go to Dupont Circle, Metro Center and Chinatown.

The front desk staffs are warm and friendly.

The room is small with limited stylish decorations. However, the room is quite and the bed is pretty comfortable, so a good sleep is not a problem.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Twelve & K Hotel Washington DC? Share your experiences!